Battery life

This is a discussion on Battery life within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I have been having similar issuses with the batt life .... i have 3g on 24/7 ad by day end its barely 2% if not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery life

I have been having similar issuses with the batt life .... i have 3g on 24/7 ad by day end its barely 2% if not shutting down completely by time i get home. Although for shutting down the data network completely would not be possible cuz i do use wats app to communicate heavily.

Is there any way of having the cell to switch on the data network periodically to check for emails and messages ?

Also, just to check .... what are the systems that are the major drainers of the batt.... i have 35% due to android OS, 30% from Voice Calls 25% from display and the rest from misc other items... is that alright ?

My display drain in 61%, yet I have brightness on automatic and also set my screen timeout to the lowest (15 seconds) which to be honest is not long enough. Wonder why there are two android readings on mine? one is 13%, the other 9%. The other % levels are not worth mentioning as have everything turned off most of the time.

I did wonder if brightness should not be on automatic, but even when I alter it the readings do not appear to change. Any thoughts?

hey guyz ,.... i used to have major issues with the batt on my s 2. My general usage would be bout 2 hours of music, 4 hrs of voice calls and gaming for about 3 hours. This all with the 3g active constantly with my emails and messengers running.

The phone used to last me bout 12hrs before going dead... just recently factory re set the phone and dumped all the games and unnecessary apps and voila ... i get home with 40% batt (Usage is the same although obviously the gaming is not much not since ive just kept a few games on)

Today with no games .... the phone is still on 58% batt.

Only thing i can figure is that all those apps that were installed were constantly on 3g and zapping the batt. major point to be noted : where before the Android OS was the major batt consumer (48%), now it is only 22% !!

I cant think of anything else that i have changed to see such a dramatic change in batt life unless someone else can figure this out lol... hell but im enjoying this !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links