Battery life

This is a discussion on Battery life within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; How's everyone doing with they gs2's battery life? Not sure if mine's defective or not but mine seem to drain quite fast. this is my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery life

Battery life

How's everyone doing with they gs2's battery life? Not sure if mine's defective or not but mine seem to drain quite fast.

this is my usual day.

Unplug the phone from an all night charge at 8 am. Left data on all day (no wifi) and brightness is all the way down. Checked email every hour, make a few phone calls that total up to about 20 minutes, watch a couple small youtube clips, light surfing on a couple websites and by the end of the day when I get home at about 7 pm, I'm down to 1-5% of my battery life.

I feel like I won't be able to make through a full day without doing a charge half way through my day. I'm not going to be a happy camper if I know my phone's defective. I hear a lot of people say how they can last a whole day on one charge and I only do very light stuff on my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow that's quite surprising. Im quite a heavy user, I'll use the phone to txt and call with during the day. But then i will also watch and listen to videos and music over mobile internet and when i get home i will surf the web and chat on Xat over wifi. I start using my phone around 7.30 and stop around 10-11pm and i can still have around 29% battery left.

Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

Omg then it's really me. I guess I really do need to bring it in. is there some conditioning that needs to be done on the battery to make it last or it's like that right out of the box?

Is your phone rooted though? I heard rooting will help with battery life. Is that true? Just wanted to see if there's anything else that's different between your phone and mine.

No my phone is not rooted. Its a straight out the box standard t-mobile handset. I know that managing background apps can help increase your battery life. Hopefully someone else can spread a little more light on the matter but i know that some people have better battery lives than others.

Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

If you havent had it very long it will need some charging cycles to get better battery ..although I find on mine that if I leave data on all day it drains the battery pretty quickly so I turn mine off unless I need it.. Also location services like google drain battery big time so i never have that on either. Ive found Ive been lucky to get three days out of mine a few times

thanks for the insights! i've managed to exchange it with the store that i got it from (not because of the battery but because i got a burnt image on the screen and it bothers me greatly) so hopefully it comes with a better battery and not worse than the one i got previously. don't have the phone yet as they have none in stock. will update once i get it (tues/wed). I was told that when there's no service, the phone will actively search for it which will drain the battery. I guess i should turn off the service once i get down to the subway (underground train) since i get no reception there and i spend a great amount of time in the tunnel travelling to and from work.

thanks again guys!

Twitter
    @RichieScouse
    Hi Mate,

Try switching off your 3G, This more than anything I feel is the most effective way of reducing battery usage.

I'am exactly the same, unplug at 7.30am use it to watch a film or listen to music on the way to work, get to work an browse when I get a spare chance then come home an have 5% battery left an on a few occasions the battery has ran out before I get the key in the door.

I've been switching my 3G off for a week now an the improvements are massive...press the button on the right until it asks for shut off,plane mode or data...make sure data is disabled an jobs a good'in!

Its now 2.30pm an normally my phone would be screaming that its only got 10% left but now its saying 7 hours....sweet tip!!!

Hi,

I was in a similar postion. Off charge at 08:30, then by 16:00 ish down to about 15%. This was with lots of HSDPA+ activity, sometimes downloading torrents. Normal amount of phone calls and texts.

The upgrade to 2.3.4 seems to have made such a big improvement. I'm down to 15% by 22:30 ish now. Not sure why but my usage hasn't changed.

The 3G radio is a huge hit to your battery. Along with all of the Samsung apps. After rooting I froze all of the Samsung apps and the wifi sharing apps and batterylife improved tremendously. The software updater is also an annoying culprit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links