Imported email addresses into phone book but don't want them!

This is a discussion on Imported email addresses into phone book but don't want them! within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; First time poster here so go easy!Also only got my galaxy S2 on Saturday so still trying to find my way around it!Here's my problem-when ...

Thread: Imported email addresses into phone book but don't want them!

Imported email addresses into phone book but don't want them!

First time poster here so go easy!Also only got my galaxy S2 on Saturday so still trying to find my way around it!Here's my problem-when I go to text a friend,press enter recipient,it brings up all my contacts that I imported from my gmail a/c plus all the email addresses also(which is way too many!).I exported them from my old iphone to my gmail a/c and then imported them to the S2......but I dont want the email addresses in my contacts list cos theres way too many and it just takes too long to scroll through them all.I only want my contacts and phone numbers!
    Hope somebody understands what I'm asking!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    fish1552
    Try this:

1. Go to your contacts list.
    2. Open the Menu > Display options.
    3. Check “Only contacts with phones.”

Is that what you needed?
    When rooting your device, preparation makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    Try this: 1. Go to your contacts list. 2. Open the Menu > Display options. 3. Check “Only contacts with phones.”Is that what you needed?
    Thanks.It's fine in Contacts but when I go Messaging, Compose, Enter Recipient, it brings up contacts and all email addresses(all 427 of them!).All I want is contacts and phone numbers displayed.

Alf
    Adding to the (my) confusion in the same vein: (1) The "Messaging" contact list seems completely saparate from the general contact list. (2) Somehow in the list were introduced my name and picture, attached and correlated to a cell number that belongs to one of my friends. (3) It thus effectively created a contact that doesn't exist exsit on planet earth. (4) I have been trying - at no avail obviously - to find a way to delete it the entire contact from the list. (4) For some reasoneach and every person I 'text' an SMS to becomes a part of the 'messaging contact list' and I could find no way to avoid it or delete such unwanted contact(5)While it's quite ridiculous to have your name and picture on your own contact list with someone elses number and not be able to do any thing about it, it's really annoying to be stuck on the "messaging contact list" with the name and details of every person that you ever 'texted' (NEW ENGLISH (-: ) an SMS to. (6) HOW DO I DELETE THE UNWANTED STUFF FROM THE LIST?

Col
    Hi, I had same problem where I had all sorts of duplicate contacts after a first time sync with gmail and the hassle of them in the list when messaging. The fix is to connect phone to pc and use Kies to look at contacts where you can simply delete all the ones you dont want. I know you need a pc but at least it will get the job done. Just joined the forum to post this reply so hope it helps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net

I got the same problem as Toby2111: When in messaging, Entering a recipient will bring up emailadresses, not phonenumbers.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links