'Unable to send' message

This is a discussion on 'Unable to send' message within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ollie Could this be a carrier limitation? With my phone I can send any size that I like. Yes, after a night ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Unable to send' message

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Could this be a carrier limitation? With my phone I can send any size that I like.
    Yes, after a night of trawling the web for answers it appears o2 size limit could be 300KB. Still does not explain why my 46KB pic had to be compressed tho'. Good job I do not send many photos - I was merely testing different functions on the phone and then trying to find answers when things didn't work as I expected. I always stick with o2 so only have myself to blame.

How about in emails? Can you send them that way from your phone? It's kind of a sucky work around, but a work around none the less.

As yet I have not tried sending via email but I will get round to it. I usually send photos from my PC anyway and it's not too much of a nuisance to transfer photos to computer as I won't be beaten. I just find it odd that i never had problems with my previous smart phone and it was with o2.

Am now looking into my APN settings in case something there is amiss. Head is aching with it all so going to switch off for now and look again tomorrow. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    How about in emails? Can you send them that way from your phone? It's kind of a sucky work around, but a work around none the less.
    Yes, can send photos via email no problem and to be honest that's probably better option as the quality is bound to be better.

It is my preferred method. My SMS app is set up to delete old messages after a limit that I set so sending through email lets me not have to worry about saving pictures before the autodelete kicks in. I would call o2 though and find out the real reasoning behind MMS limitations. Maybe it is something simple on their end.

Am adding to my original thread in case this helps someone else. Recently my son was annoyed that every time he sent me a picture message I had to inform him it never downloads so he suggested I check my o2 MMS settings. I had always presumed they would be correct as when I bought the phone the guy in o2 shop assured me he had set them up for me and I had no reason to think otherwise. However, today I googled 'MMS settings/o2' and sure enough they were different to what was on my phone. Once I altered them I can now send and receive MMS. So it looks like this had been my problem all along.

Season's Greetings everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads