Overheating issue! Potential fire hazzard!

This is a discussion on Overheating issue! Potential fire hazzard! within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi There! My SGS2 is only about 2/3 months old and is increasingly becoming worse at it's ability to hold charge! It lasts on average ...

Thread: Overheating issue! Potential fire hazzard!

Exclamation Overheating issue! Potential fire hazzard!

Hi There!

My SGS2 is only about 2/3 months old and is increasingly becoming worse at it's ability to hold charge! It lasts on average around 4 hours of use on and off checking/replying to text messages or checking in and out of basic apps like Facebook or Twitter (Basic functions the phone is designed for), Games render the battery flat within a very short space of time so I got rid of them all.. Also, it takes on average around 6 hours to charge if on but not in use or around 4 hours to fully charge of off while charging.. (That seems a little extreme in a world thats supposed to be looking after it's carbon footprint and be more energy efficient)

I have also more recently found that if the phone is on while charging it gets so hot that you can barely hold it in the palm of your hand so much so that the phone will automatically shut itself down (which i'm guessing is a standard safety feature) but like all thermal fuses/protectors they have the potential to fail which would mean that the phone wouldn't shut itself down and if left unattended for a period of time could cause a fire (in the worst case scenario).. I know that could seem a little far fetched but I have young children and as any parent you put the welfare of your own first and don't take risks..

Now, as I have mentioned, the phone is only a few months old so I will be getting in touch with the supplier as I have an insurance plan in place on the phone but I wanted to get any info I can before I call them incase I am attempted to be "Fobbed off" when I call them..
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Many Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi sorry i cant help. But u can help me.i use s2. And face book app. Doesnt have a TAG button to tag friends photos. So cant tag. Photos. How do u tag photos on facebook ? Pls help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net

Southern California

Go here: Galaxy S2 Running HOT. It's a similar topic with some good ideas and perhaps resolve your problem.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links