[RESOLVED] Strange Battery Issue

This is a discussion on [RESOLVED] Strange Battery Issue within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi all, I have a very unusual battery problem with my s2. Samsung sent me a replacement which arrived today and unfortunately this one has ...

Thread: [RESOLVED] Strange Battery Issue

[RESOLVED] Strange Battery Issue

Hi all, I have a very unusual battery problem with my s2. Samsung sent me a replacement which arrived today and unfortunately this one has the exact same problem.

Not sure if it's relevant but I have the white one and people have tested theirs to see if they too have the problem but not one other person has managed to reproduce it. They all have the black model.

Right, here is the actual problem. When my battery drops below 50%, if I reboot by pressing and holding the power button until the phone auto reboots, the battery level drops very drastically so that the phone tells me to connect the charger. It happened on my first s2 and now exactly the same on the replacement.

I only had the first one a day or so when I discovered the problem, Samsung have taken 3 weeks to replace it. During the 3 weeks I had the first one, the problem got worse. It got to the point where even if I powered off and then powered on again I would lose a good 30% and it even got to the point where it did it no matter how much charge was left.

It's come directly from Samsung, unbranded and unlocked, I haven't rooted and didn't root the first one either. Firmware version 2.3.4 (UK).

I'm wondering if anybody else has had this happen and how/if they managed to resolve it.

As I say, a very unusual problem and nobody else has managed to reproduce it so far. It seems strange that two different handsets have the exact same issue.

If anybody has any idea at all as to why this is happening, I would very much appreciate any input.

Even better, anybody with a white model, if you would be kind enough to test yours and get back to me that would be so helpful.

And of course, the best thing of all would be if somebody can come up with a solution.

Am waiting for the next firmware update to see if that cures it but not sure when we will be getting that.

Sorry this is such a long message and thank you to anybody at all who might be able to shed some light on the matter.

Thanks
    Alison

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

UPDATE:
    Problem resolved with ICS update

Alison

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links