Freezing Issues

This is a discussion on Freezing Issues within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; But my one still 2.3.6 Sent from my GT-I9100G using

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freezing Issues

But my one still 2.3.6

Sent from my GT-I9100G using

4 times
    If it happend after upgrade, let the phone company know. If a bunch other people are having the same issues. There will probably be a fix in the future.

Sent from my LGL55C using

The same thing happened with my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 after I upgraded the OS to 4.0.4.

Here are some interesting observations I have made:

When I run an application that keeps the phone from going into sleep mode, such as WAZE, the phone has no problems. As long as WAZE runs as the top application, I can run any other background app such as Pandora, IHeart radio, and any other background app without the phone freezing up.

But if I put any other app like Pandora on top or even running it alone, after 2 to 5 minutes, the audio stops and the phone is frozen, then comes up to the home unlock screen, the SD card initialization icon appears on top and cell signal and 4g data finally initialize as if the phone did a warm boot.

I don't even have to launch an app for the phone to do a warm boot. Just for grins, I unlock the phone, don't even start an app and just let the phone sit. After the screen timeout and the phone goes into lock mode, the phone freezes again after 2 to 5 minutes and does it's warm boot cycle again.

My theory is that the task manager is stopping a background service application that it should not be stopping.

Like I said, it only started doing this when I upgraded the OS to 4.0.4. My phone is NOT rooted. I also have not performed a factory reset yet as I am still trying to do what I can on my end to help track down this problem.

So if anyone else that is having this freezing/warm boot problem, try running an application like WAZE, that will not let the phone go into sleep/lock mode as the top app on your display and see what happens. Yes your phones battery will drain faster, but it might be a good experiment for you to try. I have a 1 hour commute one way to work every day and use WAZE anyway to help with traffic here in Atlanta, and use it religiously! And since Atlanta Radio stinks at the moment, I resort to Internet radio during my commute. My phone gets used heavily as you can tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links