Battery Issue After ICS Update

This is a discussion on Battery Issue After ICS Update within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi all, Maybe someone out there can help me. I did the ICS upgrade a while ago and all worked fine. But since yesterday my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobKort

Thread: Battery Issue After ICS Update

Angry Battery Issue After ICS Update

Hi all,
    Maybe someone out there can help me.
    I did the ICS upgrade a while ago and all worked fine. But since yesterday my phone is playing up.
    It would turn off by itself and won't let me turn it on again.
    When it did start it told me battery is critically low and I have to charge. But when I put it on the charger it does not charge at all, it does not even let me turn it on. So I thought I try the USB connection to my PC but same problem.
    I also removed the battery several times but this didn't improve anything either.

I bought my Galaxy in November 2011 so it's not old and it's well looked after.
    I really hope someone can help me solve this problem because I cannot even claim warranty since I am not in the country where I bought it.

Thanks.
    Sibylle

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know if it will work on the SGSII but try plugging it to the charger without the battery and once the charge light comes on install the battery. If it works, perform a factory data reset by going to settings/privacy/factory data reset but only after reaching 50% or more charge on the battery.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Morenwen likes this.

Thanks that did help. I managed to reset to factory settings and it seems to charge properly now.
    It still restarts by itself though and voice command keeps popping up. I might have to live with that
    Thanks again!

You shouldn't, how often is it rebooting? If you phone still on warranty I would contact the manufacturer and send it in for service, that is definitely not a normal behavior.

But I'm glad you got it going.

It did a few times while charging and then was fine. Battery went flat though within a few hours and phone went dead. Maybe it's the battery now? I might have to try a new one.

Thanks.

Hi all,
    I'm having exactly the same issues as you Morenwen with my Galaxy S2 in the last two days.
    I've tried everything since factory reset, to uninstall the voice control (with Go Lancher you can), but issues continues.
    Maybe I'll have to put it in the warranty but I don't fell like it being away from my device for days

Did a new battery solve the problems?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ruifelizardo515 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm having exactly the same issues as you Morenwen with my Galaxy S2 in the last two days.
    I've tried everything since factory reset, to uninstall the voice control (with Go Lancher you can), but issues continues.
    Maybe I'll have to put it in the warranty but I don't fell like it being away from my device for days

Did a new battery solve the problems?

Thank you!
    Hi ruifelizardo515

I had quite some trouble with my SG2. I went to a shop to get a new battery but the people there suggested to put a new kernel version on it. What I didn't know was that they would root my phone! Well, since they were an Asian shop they rooted it and flashed it with a Korean version but that didn't solve the problem. I was upset since that did cost as much as a new battery would have cost!
    So I kept looking online and decided to flash my phone with the original Gingerbread version and not update it. My SG2 was already rooted so I could not claim warranty anymore anyway. I tried several version and in the end found one that even after upgrading to ICS was stable. No more battery problems and voice command is quiet as well. I charge my phone about every 4 days.

Look for Android forums. They have links to all the original softwares of every country. Unfortunately I don't have the links anymore. My PC crashed and I had to set it up new and now all my files and links are gone...

Hope it helps.
    Morenwen

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links