Needed: Visual Help Showing How to Handle Photos To/From Phone

This is a discussion on Needed: Visual Help Showing How to Handle Photos To/From Phone within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi everyone. I am very new at this new Samsung Galaxy S2 and I need help to understand the process of uploading photos to my ...

Thread: Needed: Visual Help Showing How to Handle Photos To/From Phone

Needed: Visual Help Showing How to Handle Photos To/From Phone

Hi everyone.

I am very new at this new Samsung Galaxy S2 and I need help to understand the process of uploading photos to my phone.
    Then, of course, I need help showing me how to download pictures from the phone to the computer.
    I am a photographer (not PRO but serious enough and with the appropriate gear)

I was told that this phone would be recognized by the computer as a "drive" of some sort, but the only way this seems to be the case is when I start KIES first.

Then, the photos I finally uploaded to my phone are all over the place: in DCIM for instance but I'd like them to all in one single place, with easy/fast access.

I find this to be a real PITB since I am use to the simple "drag and drop" way of doing things.
    I tried an iPhone and decided this was not for me because of the endless synch process, and the ever present chance of losing all of the previously uploaded photos.
    Seems like I am faced with the same "problem" with this Android "smart"-phone.

So, to make a long story short: where can I find VISUAL help to sort theses things out?

Looking forward to receive some answers.

Cheers!

JP

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well ...I will continue my queries, hoping someone will reply.A couple more things:1. I know how to connect the phone to the PC via the USB cable and then retreive the phone as a "Drive" on the computer, containing a few folders such as : Android, Attachments, DCIM, external_ds, LOST.dir, usbStorage.2. When I download photos from some folder(s) to the phone, WHERE Am I supposed to drop those photos?I tried to drop them into "usbStorage", but the window indicating that the transfer is being done, it (the computer) hangs! and then if I try to get the photos from inside the phone, a black, blank screen appears on the phone screen.For instance, at this very moment, I could drop two photos into the DCIM>camera folder but while trying to get the third one in ... the computer hangs with a continuous "coying" which now cannot be closed .... stays there with the little green bar moving left to right.In that case, I have to reboot the computer!

So, I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to suggest things to do the proper way.

Cheers!JP
    Last edited by Galaxy; 06-23-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added info

Hello there,
    When ever I've tried to put photos on my phone, I've used "Kies air". Although I don't know if you can lose quality doing it this way, but you can always try.

Thnaks for the hint.

I did got it right after a major firmware failure to install, causing the phone to freeze.
    Phone was sent to Samsung ... took two weeks.

Cheers.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links