How Many Hours Should My Battery Last?

This is a discussion on How Many Hours Should My Battery Last? within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I haven't got many apps, just Facebook, Chrome, Instagram, IMDB, Wallbase and the odd widget, Simi Clock, Minimalistic Text, etc. . . . don't use ...

Thread: How Many Hours Should My Battery Last?

How Many Hours Should My Battery Last?

I haven't got many apps, just Facebook, Chrome, Instagram, IMDB, Wallbase and the odd widget, Simi Clock, Minimalistic Text, etc. . . . don't use my phone excessively, and turn all the wifi and blue tooth off n all that, screen display low aswell n other stuff.

When I first had phone it would last from say 8am to 12 am, which I didn't mind but now I'm getting around 4/8 hours out of it, the phone has recently been reset, (this was happening before the reset) so I'm assuming I've done something to the battery. I was charging over night and at times when the battery wasnt completely empty. I don't mind buying new battery, I just wanna know if it will work, better if I do buy new one.

Also if I remove battery and turn phone back on it is in the red, and prior to removing it could be like 65% and then when fired back up around %30

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Same here! When I furst got the phone a full charge would hold me up the whole day. recently I've been charging (fully!) twice a day without even using the phone excessively. This is what I was told by a tech suppord guy at the Sprint store:
    -always turn off any apps that might be running on the background
    -turn off wifi when not needed
    -turn off gps when not needed
    -turn off 4G unless you're downloading something big
    -uninstall skype (which aparently even when not in use can really affect your battery life)
    -once a month drain the battery down to 0 till the phone dies, chargefully to 100% and then turn the phone on. he also mentioned to repeat this 3 days in a row if the problem persists. Also he suggested turning the phone off for 5 min a day, every day. it does something to the OS and should help with battery life.

except for uninstalling skype,I followed thoroughly with these instructions. I'm on day 2 of draining+fully charging procedure. No improvement so far, but if it does solve the issue I'll certainly post back.

Hope this helps!

My battery life problem is identical to pp21, having just got the new phone last week I can honestly say I am very dissapointed with the battery life problem, surely the answer here is not to resort to switching everything off in order to have a functional phone but for Samsung to get their finger out and supply a battery that is man enough for the job?
    Not good enough Samsung, very unhappy.

Overland Park, Missouri
    7 times
    Maybe it deleted the battery logs and you have to calibrate it from scratch
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Droid X2

I'm a heavy user and I normally get 8 hours from my s2. If I want to save battery while not using it then I turn off all network connections.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using
    Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links