No ICS For Me :(

This is a discussion on No ICS For Me :( within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; After many days of trying every solution I could find online, I still can't get the MTP driver to install on my PC. I was ...

Thread: No ICS For Me :(

No ICS For Me :(

After many days of trying every solution I could find online, I still can't get the MTP driver to install on my PC. I was wanting to upgrade my GS2 to ICS with Kies but I always get Samsung Android MTP driver cannot be installed... access denied. Talked with Samsung Tech support, was told they still don't have a solution. Now I'm wondering how risky it is to try it with Odin, plenty of info online, but always warns that you could brick the phone. Anyone have any input on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Understand, I am not a technician - but WHAT upgrade are you attempting to install? the SGH-I777 is an AT&T model (I know, because I used to own one), and as far as I know, the update to ICS for that phone hasn't been sent out as an OTA update. If you're trying to install an update you found on the web, make *sure* it is specific to that exact model. Otherwise, you risk hard bricking your phone.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links