Samsung Galaxy S3 No Signal

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy S3 No Signal within the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi, I have a Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 (originally T-Mobile) that I use with Straight Talk I have a SIM card in it from the ...

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 No Signal

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy S3 No Signal

Hi, I have a Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 (originally T-Mobile) that I use with Straight Talk I have a SIM card in it from the BYOP program. It is not getting any signal/service.

I have verified that it's still unlocked, not blacklisted, the SIM works in my other phone as well but I ordered a new SIM anyway and that SIM works in both phones so it is not the SIM. I have done a factory reset but still nothing. I have also taken the battery out, put it back in, and turned phone on but it didn't work.. I have done all the steps that Straight Talk suggest. I also checked and I still have an IMEI number. I have done a software update.

Sometimes the phone will have 4G but then seconds later it will go back to no service/signal and say searching on the unlock screen. The icon at the top is a circle with a slash through it. When I try to make a call when it has that icon it says mobile network not available. My APN settings have been updated and are correct and airplane mode is not on. I have GSM/WCDMA only selected and have tried switching to the other two but still nothing. This might not be important but my Wi-Fi does still work. My girlfriend has the same phone and has no problems getting signal. Mobile network is selected.. I have no idea what else I can try I'm getting so frustrated.

Can anyone help? I am so tired of having basically a paper weight!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried taking the phone to a Straight Talk store and asking them to check it out?
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Ultra. You're best bet is to take your phone into your carrier and they can tell you right away what the problem is. Even though you may have a new SIM it could still be bad or faulty in some way. My better half had a bad SIM when she got her brand new S3. She took it into Verizon and they gave her a new one no questions asked......problem solved. Good luck!

tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links