Samsung Galaxy S3 Case, Hard or Soft?

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy S3 Case, Hard or Soft? within the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; For my last phone I bought a case in Verizon store. It's expensive, so this time I'm trying to find something cheaper and nice online, ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 Case, Hard or Soft?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Case, Hard or Soft?

For my last phone I bought a case in Verizon store. It's expensive, so this time I'm trying to find something cheaper and nice online, even before my phone arrives.

I have my eyes on these two:

Amazon.com: KaysCase Slim Soft Skin Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 with Screen Protectors (Clear): Electronics

Amazon.com: KaysCase Slim Hard Shell Snap-on Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 with Screen Protectors (Clear): Electronics

Both are transparent (clear) cases, which is what I want. One is a soft case and the other is a hard shell case. I'm leaning towards the soft one, but the hard one is on sale this weekend, and it makes my decision more difficult.

What do you guys think, and suggest?
    Last edited by cali; 01-15-2013 at 10:56 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    If you're carrying your phone in pockets and purses and other similar places a lot, then take the soft one, if you're afraid you'll drop it, if it has bigger chances to be dropped, take the hard one.

---
    When people run in circles,
    it's a very very mad world.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    If you're carrying your phone in pockets and purses and other similar places a lot, then take the soft one, if you're afraid you'll drop it, if it has bigger chances to be dropped, take the hard one.

---
    Good advice! Thanks!
    But I do carry it in my purse all the time, and I am afraid to drop it.

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    If you do carry it in the purse all the time, take the soft one. It won't shatter with a single drop (unless it drops flat on the screen, but the protector should save it). I never used any protectors on any of my phones. They were dropped many many times from all kinds of distances at all kinds of forces. The worst that happened were only scratches at the corners. The screens were untouched on Gorilla Glass 1. SGSIII has Gorilla Glass 2.

---
    Tears for Fears

Probably the hardest hit that struck my phone was when I was playing football with friends. I forgot to put my phone aside and someone called me in the middle of the game. I took it out and some guy ran through me, pushed me and I dropped my phone. It flew a few feet forward and the guy, while running, accidentally kicked the phone and it flew about 10 feet further. He didn't see it and stomped on it after it landed and kicked it again, it landed on asphalt. When I took it, the only damage was this:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1339346116449.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  95.7 KB
    Too bad no one filmed the event, but it seemed quite extreme.

---
    Last edited by Tears_for_Fears; 06-10-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Tears for Fears

Ive always had this problem deciding on a hard or soft case so i was looking for a deal online which would sell both together and come across this page on ebay:

SOFT SILICONE CASE & S LINE TPU SKIN CASE for Samsung S3 + FREE 1ST CLASS POST | eBay

i ordered from them quick delievery and jus solved the problem of hard or soft coz depending on my mood i could change it whenever! :D
    Last edited by cali; 01-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
    I had the Motorola/VZW case for my Bionic. It eventually tore off the volume rocker and bezel from removing it. So after finding out it wasn't covered under warranty, I used my 2 year upgrade for a new Bionic, and the bezel started to come loose again. I just wanted something to protect all of it and easy to put on and take off, so I found these Login : DIZTRONIC.COM, - TPU Cases for Android Phones and got the one for the Bionic with extended battery today and it was just what I was looking for.
    Last edited by cali; 01-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.

I would like to choose a soft case with a snug touch, hard case is easy to get dust and seems low-class, will never make my Galaxy S3 mate like that,yet never stop my eyes on that cheap silicone soft case or PU leather case,no class at all!!Borofone genuine leather case could be the best choice....
    Last edited by cali; 01-15-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Do you consider the leather style for your S3 ? HOCO Genuine Leather Case may be a good choice, it can protect your phone from dropped and have
    a good looking. Check here:real leather case galaxy s3 i9300,100% HOCO Genuine Leather Case for Galaxy s3 SIII I9300 - Black [6289] - US$ 20.69 - CasesInTheBox.com
    Last edited by cali; 01-15-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Hard Case

I don't have a note, but I use a hard case for my SII. The soft ones are just too easy to get loose, and they look arguly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links