How to Set a Decent Ring Tone for the Reminder with S Planner?

This is a discussion on How to Set a Decent Ring Tone for the Reminder with S Planner? within the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; The S Planner on the SGS3 is OK and easy to use but I am unable to set an alarm tone other than use the ...

Thread: How to Set a Decent Ring Tone for the Reminder with S Planner?

Question How to Set a Decent Ring Tone for the Reminder with S Planner?

The S Planner on the SGS3 is OK and easy to use but I am unable to set an alarm tone other than use the notification tone/s for the reminders...is there any way of changing this so that a proper ring tone can be used for the reminders. (Only having the short notification sound byte is not enough for me and I would like something that rings like a ring tone but do not know how to set this up)
    Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    It's a bird
    Welcome to the forum

- Launch S Planner
    - Setting menu in S Planner
    - Ringtones

Hope it help and keep us posted

Hi Astrix..thanks for your greeting and assistance but the setting that you mention - with the options of changin/setting the "ringtones" is not actually ringtones...the defaault sound bytes available for selection are only the very short "notification" soundbytes (ie the default sound bytes that you can set for things such as text notification) What I am after is that ability to set a proper alarm ring that I can set for my notification via the calendar

Yh I want to do this as well those default ones are rubbish, too short and far too quiet I want to set up a custom one that I downloaded?

Help

Hi Guys - I'm in too if anyone finds a way... The alert tones do vary in volume and I have chosen a short but louder bell sound that gets my attention. There must be a way of getting more notification sounds. Possibly in the general settings finding the folder that has the sound files and copying some of the ring tones to the notifications folder. I can do this on another phone but not on the S3 yet...

Please help i am having the same problem !

Hi, I have zedge but which should I choose to set the calendar notification it seems complicated

To add new notification sounds, place audio file in the "Notifications" folder in the phone. Seems to accept at least MP3 and MP4 files as valid sound files.

Unfortunate Samsung did not bother adding a function to choose alarm type/sound for each notification. There is a selection to choose where to choose notification type in the calendar/task entry - but for my Galaxy S3 it only has one option "Notification".

Go to S-Planner / Settings / Select Ringtone (it's actually the Phone Settings 'Notifications' sounds)
    Last edited by SpyderX; 11-30-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chovik View Post
    The S Planner on the SGS3 is OK and easy to use but I am unable to set an alarm tone other than use the notification tone/s for the reminders...is there any way of changing this so that a proper ring tone can be used for the reminders. (Only having the short notification sound byte is not enough for me and I would like something that rings like a ring tone but do not know how to set this up)
    Thanks
    This used to be my problem when I purchased my first samsung tab... I keep missing my reminders because of the lame default notification tones... then I found Ringdroid! And now that I got myself a galaxy note 3, I know just what to do! Go download this app, it automatically includes your chosen tunes into the default list so you can choose whatever tone you want for ringtones and notifications tones :-) enjoy!

I just created a youtube video on how you can do so.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links