No Notifications and Poor Battery Life on Galaxy S3??

This is a discussion on No Notifications and Poor Battery Life on Galaxy S3?? within the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi all I picked up my first android last week and so far I like it - previously had iphones over the last 4 years. ...

Thread: No Notifications and Poor Battery Life on Galaxy S3??

No Notifications and Poor Battery Life on Galaxy S3??

Hi all

I picked up my first android last week and so far I like it - previously had iphones over the last 4 years.

Its hard to not compare between the two and im my attempts to not compare them I cant help but notice two signifcant differences

I am lucky to get a working day out of my phone, i leave the house with it full charged and by 5pm its around 20% - this is with average usage. Even more strange is that yesterday i had my phone in the car from 11.15am to 3pm and it went from 80% - 20% without it being used. When i charge it it can take up to 4 hours to full charge... cant help but think its a bit unusual...

the other dislike so far is that i dont seem to get notifications. Facebook seldome comes through, emails will come through every now and again and in batches (longer than the time i set in the phone) and other social media app's dont seem to push through notifications, rather it waits till i log back in and bombards me with heaps.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    That kind of battery life is not unusual. In fact, iPhone battery life has deteriorated some with the increased notification levels iOS 5 and 6 implemented.

As for the sudden drop in 4 hours of idle time, what did the phone tell you was the major user of battery? You know how to check that, right?

You can set your sync settings to increase or decrease polling based on your desired level of notification. I will be happy to talk you through that if you'd like.

to the forum!
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Quote Originally Posted by benni86 View Post
    Hi all

I picked up my first android last week and so far I like it - previously had iphones over the last 4 years.

Its hard to not compare between the two and im my attempts to not compare them I cant help but notice two signifcant differences

I am lucky to get a working day out of my phone, i leave the house with it full charged and by 5pm its around 20% - this is with average usage. Even more strange is that yesterday i had my phone in the car from 11.15am to 3pm and it went from 80% - 20% without it being used. When i charge it it can take up to 4 hours to full charge... cant help but think its a bit unusual...

the other dislike so far is that i dont seem to get notifications. Facebook seldome comes through, emails will come through every now and again and in batches (longer than the time i set in the phone) and other social media app's dont seem to push through notifications, rather it waits till i log back in and bombards me with heaps.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
    I don't know anyone who has had a great success with the stock email client. I gave mine up due to similar problems you were describing. Download k9 mail from the market for free you will not be dissapointed. As for battery life I wouldn't worry that is normal for smartphones. I unplug mine at 5:30am and by 10am I have to change the battery. So the fact that your making it all day is pretty darn impressive to me.

I have similar problem that i barely use the phone and it drain the battery like crazy... i like the phone but none of my 3 previous iphones was that bad... i wont hold oone day ? If i use it alot its 4-5 hours if i dont im not gonna make it back home from work on one charge this is ridicules... i am very disapointed

Android is completely different to iOS, the way they run and feel.

As for the battery mine seems to be fine. Have you checked that your not running a **** load of apps in the background? Hold the home button down and it will tell you what apps are running and you end them all from background running.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android.net

That is not normal battery life for an S3 from what I have seen with mine. Right now, mine has been off the charger for 28 hours and it's at 36% battery. And that's with my typical daily usage (facebook, texting, web browsing, angry birds, etc...). I typically only charge at night while sleeping and have no issues with it lasting all day. Though I am good about closing apps so that they don't run in the backround.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Signal strength is a big variable. If you, like me, live in a marginal signal area you will find your battery life is significantly shortened versus the "normal" battery live people find elsewhere.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Well,most cell phone machine all with this problem - poor battery life,even iphone also comes with such trouble...But what I thinks is,if there is really some problem with your samsung galaxy s3 and u cannot accept the situation your phone have ,you should take the phone back.

Hi, I have great battery life from my S3. However... after downloading Skype I noticed a degradation when it stayed active. I would loose savage amounts of battery life. I suspect that other programs too use lots of resources and drain the battery and regular clearing the active programs (hold button and then take them all out) improves the life and impacts minimally on speed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links