S-Planner Problems

This is a discussion on S-Planner Problems within the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I have just bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 with Ice Cream Sandwich. I love the phone and Android system. However I am trying to find ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S-Planner Problems

Lightbulb S-Planner Problems

I have just bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 with Ice Cream Sandwich. I love the phone and Android system. However I am trying to find a way to get events in the S-Planner app. to repeat every 2 weeks. The choices are annually; monthly (by day or date); weekly and daily. Any suggestions as to haw to fix this? (The iphone crowd in the house just think this is too funny)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    It's a bird
    I believe I posted about your question here: http://www.android.net/forum/samsung-galaxy-note/88312-galaxy-note-gt-n7000-splanner-sms.html#post172334

Hope it help and keep us posted

S-Planner Every 2 weeks

I have a galaxy note and with S-Planner and you could set an event to repeat ever 2 weeks
    I have done an update and now it can Not set an event to repeat every 2 weeks
    Only a total retard would create a New version of an app that has less options than the older version
    I trust somebody at android will see this and ensure the 2 week option is put back ASAP

Well I hope so too SpaceMonkey, I looked at the older version on the 'Note' and saw you could set a 2 week repeat, so presumed.... the mother of al... anyway - the latest version doesn't have the option and I can't even find a place to bring this to the attention of someone who might be able to input into such an app update.

I wonder if Samsung have taken steps backwards and removed features because of the dispute by Apple
    The 2 week feature was available in my iPhone
    so Apple may of claimed this is one of the features copied ?
    Anyhow I have discovered that if I go into Settings - Applications - All
    there numerous apps in the phone that I can not access such as:
    Zinio
    Trim
    Photo Wall
    Kobo
    Face Unlock
    Blue Sea
    Aurora 2

AND besides S-Planner version-4.0.4
    There is Alsp S-Planner Widget version 1.0
    but I can not access S-Planner Widget

Plus there are aleays 20+ apps running
    you can use Tack Manager close Active Apps and Clear RAM but when you tap Clear Memory
    it says 20+ apps closed
    but you go directly back to the home screen and then directly back to Task Manager - RAM
    then tap Clear Memore again the 20+ apps you closed have all started again

I would like to know which apps are unnecessary and can be permenantly disabled

I don't think that the app has had the 2 weekly repeat removed as a result of the apple fiasco! The app is an App and separate from the system and hardware. What happened to your 2 weekly repeats, when you downloaded the update and lost the 2 weekly repeat function?

Interesting... with the Galaxy S3 you don't see the background system apps running until you go into the memory usage in the system. The face unlock etc works and is an option. Have you installed these apps you have found? I have pages of aps on the phone buit to use them each must first be installed and given a short cut on a page on the phone, until then they stay on the Apps area. I found the Widget on line but it doesn't seem to add anything to the App. I think I will await the next update.

Try going into settings and switching off things you don't want. I turned my wiFi off as I pay to download loads I don't use - due to the fact that the phone will migrate onto any active WiFi it can instead of using the mobile allocation. Seems like paying twice to me - once for the WiFi and once for unused data on the phone.

I have a Galaxy Note and a Galaxy S2
    on the S2 it has Calander instead of S-Planner however Calander works Exactly the same
    but on Calander on the S2 the 2 week option is still available
    When I downloaded the Galaxy Note update all my 2 weekly events were erased
    I can not see All the apps that are Running
    If I goto Settings-Applications
    there are tabs labeled Downloaded, On SD Card, Running, All
    If I use the Running tab it olny shows some of those that are running
    if there are 18 shown as running how is it when I use task manager to close apps it closes 25+ apps
    The phone has 808mb of ram
    700mb of that is being used by unidentified apps
    if I did another update in the future the apps would use all the ram
    and I wont be able to run apps that I have downloaded
    All the apps I have downloaded are exactly where they should be
    The apps / Widges I have found are simply hidden away and can be seen Only
    by going to Settings-Applications-All
    but from there you can not use them or even tell what they do
    I want to delete or disable any and all unnecessary apps
    but it is very difficut to find information about what is safe to delete or disable
    and I want access to the S-Planner version 1.0 widget but seem to be unable to use it

Quote Originally Posted by smjones View Post
    I have just bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 with Ice Cream Sandwich. I love the phone and Android system. However I am trying to find a way to get events in the S-Planner app. to repeat every 2 weeks. The choices are annually; monthly (by day or date); weekly and daily. Any suggestions as to haw to fix this? (The iphone crowd in the house just think this is too funny)

I noticed this issue also, I hope it will be fixed properly in a future update.
    In the meantime, I used a workaround by going on to google calander on a desktop and creating an event on there with 2 weekly reminders. It synced up perfectly.
    Problems are; you can't set reminders (so far as I can tell, except for the email reminders), and if you modify the event in any way from the phone it will default to weekly repeats so you have to handle it from a desktop (Maybe the desktop version of the phones browser).
    But that's still a pretty useable fix.

Just realised if you have a device with an older version of android (I have a galaxy tab 7 inch original) that you can create an event on there with fortnightly reminders with a notification /reminder. And it will sync with the s3 fine. Just can't edit from the s3. Annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    Just realised if you have a device with an older version of android (I have a galaxy tab 7 inch original) that you can create an event on there with fortnightly reminders with a notification /reminder. And it will sync with the s3 fine. Just can't edit from the s3. Annoying...
    That is bizarre! Why would SPlanner accommodate a feature that it took out. I think someone made a mistake on their team and left some code out! The S3 is the only Android device I have at present so I guess I'm waiting for the fix (hopefully they read forums).

Still a great phone and system

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links