Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

This is a discussion on Going Crazy-S3 vs S4 within the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; But what is it you guys think the screen protector is going to do? Judy said " if you drop the phone, the screen will ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

But what is it you guys think the screen protector is going to do? Judy said "if you drop the phone, the screen will crack. My friend got one for Christmas, dropped it and shattered the screen."...and a screen protector is going to prevent the screen from shattering?
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Android Jr Member danesusername's Avatar

Re: Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    But what is it you guys think the screen protector is going to do? Judy said "if you drop the phone, the screen will crack. My friend got one for Christmas, dropped it and shattered the screen."...and a screen protector is going to prevent the screen from shattering?
    Nah, that's what the case is for. It's just in the off chance something may have the potential to scratch my screen, and I don't want that happening. I know it's probably not going to happen, but I'm going to have this phone for a while, so the extra precaution is worth it to me.

Hey, don't get me wrong - if you want a screen protector on your phone and you feel it actually serves a purpose, go for it. Obviously, a lot of people agree with you as evidenced by the annual sales for the many brands of screen protectors. My involvement is based on the question Judy asked me earlier about did I use a screensaver and if so, what brand. After that, it was just me explaining my reasons for not using one.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by danesusername View Post
    When I got my S3, I also bought the Commuter OtterBox for it, which comes with a screen protector. The Commuter is nice because it isn't huge. But I probably would have gotten a screen protector anyways, just in case. One of those typical "better safe than sorry" situations for me.
    I'll have to check those out. Thanks! This morning, I ordered everything. Paid extra for overnight shipping. Now will have to try and figure it out.

Hey, don't get me wrong - if you want a screen protector on your phone and you feel it actually serves a purpose, go for it. Obviously, a lot of people agree with you as evidenced by the annual sales for the many brands of screen protectors. My involvement is based on the question Judy asked me earlier about did I use a screensaver and if so, what brand. After that, it was just me explaining my reasons for not using one.
    I'll have to see when I actually get it. I ordered it this morning. It has such a nice screen I would hate to distort it too with a screen protector. My son doesn't use one on his Note 2. I really don't like them either, but we'll see.

Re: Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

Welcome to the forum Judy! My wife and I both have an S3 and we love it! The fact is, there will always be something bigger and better out a few months after you purchase a phone. I think you'll be more than happy with the S3. I don't use a screen protector either and haven't had any problems with major scratches. I'd had my S3 since last June and its got a few very faint scratches on it, but they aren't visible unless the phone is turned off and you tilt the screen at a certain angle. Of course a case is a must. My wife cracked her screen just a few days after she had it, dropped from only a couple of feet, so get a case for sure.
    Join us on our sister site S3forums.com when you get your S3, and we'll answer any questions or concerns you may have. Good luck and enjoy! :D

tap'n

I ordered a case for protection for the phone. I always use a case on my phones. I was just commenting on how easily her screen shattered when dropped. She didn't have a case on it. Not a good move!
    UltraDroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Judy! My wife and I both have an S3 and we love it! The fact is, there will always be something bigger and better out a few months after you purchase a phone. I think you'll be more than happy with the S3. I don't use a screen protector either and haven't had any problems with major scratches. I'd had my S3 since last June and its got a few very faint scratches on it, but they aren't visible unless the phone is turned off and you tilt the screen at a certain angle. Of course a case is a must. My wife cracked her screen just a few days after she had it, dropped from only a couple of feet, so get a case for sure.
    Join us on our sister site S3forums.com when you get your S3, and we'll answer any questions or concerns you may have. Good luck and enjoy! :D

tap'n
    Thanks CR6. I'm glad to hear you both love the S3. I appreciate all your information and I'll be sure to sign up for the S3forums.com.

Welcome to the site. I've given up on trying to outrun the new releases. My thoughts on the matter are that when I decide to drop the money, I will just go get what is available at that time and go from there. So far, I've been finding a reason to 'wait longer' just so often, that I haven't bought anything. A stalemate if I ever saw one. Hope you like your new acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Welcome to the site. I've given up on trying to outrun the new releases. My thoughts on the matter are that when I decide to drop the money, I will just go get what is available at that time and go from there. So far, I've been finding a reason to 'wait longer' just so often, that I haven't bought anything. A stalemate if I ever saw one. Hope you like your new acquisition.
    Thanks for the welcome! Yep, can drive yourself crazy trying to outrun the new releases. They come out so often. I need to stop doing this. Just bought a new car last February and in September, a new model came out after 5 years. Turned out I didn't like the new one at all and was glad I bought the previous model. So you never know!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links