Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

This is a discussion on Going Crazy-S3 vs S4 within the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I'm eligible for a new Verizon phone tomorrow. Been readying everything I could find online about the S4. Supposed to be fantastic. Was all planned ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

I'm eligible for a new Verizon phone tomorrow. Been readying everything I could find online about the S4. Supposed to be fantastic. Was all planned on getting the Galaxy S3. Don't really want to wait 3 to 4 months for the S4. I'm female and coming from the Rezound. The S3 is plenty big and am thinking the S4 will be larger. Pictures show it's taller. All the S4 hype is driving me crazy. I even have 3 cases waiting for the S3. I don't want to be disappointed when the S4 is leased thinking I should have waited. But the size is what bothers me the most even though the S4 is supposed to be superior in battery life and a faster processor. Thanks for any feedback.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Twitter
    frederuco
    Welcome to the forum!

There is always a new bigger, better, faster phone on the horizon. I know quite a few people who have the S3. They pretty much all love it. The only users who are not happy with it are those who stepped up to the Note 2 because it has a much larger display, almost the size of small tablets.

If you do wait it out and decide you don't like the S4 as much, I am sure the S3 will have droppped in price a bit and you can get that for a cheaper price.
    CR6 likes this.
    TransformerForums - Administrator
    AcerTabletForum - NexusTablets - AndroidTablets - Super Moderator
    Android.net - TransformerForums - Rescue Squad

ASUS Transformer 16GB with Keyboard Dock - Cornerstoned and ICS-ified
    iP*one 4

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Android Jr Member danesusername's Avatar

Re: Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

I've had the S3 for almost a month now, and I'm pretty much in love, haha. My thought is, by the time the S4 comes out, the S5 (or some other awesome better faster phone) will be already on its way. Might as well upgrade now and enjoy!

Thank you UltraDroid, Frederuco and Danesusername for your welcome and comments. I thought maybe buying a new S3 for retail price so if I liked the S4 better, I wouldn't be in a 2 yr. contract and could purchase the S4 at the reduced price. But that's about $400 more. My son works for Verizon and has the Note 2. It's fine for him, but just way too big for me. And he agrees. My son has told me the very same thing you have told me. I guess I'm just nervous. Only 1 hr. 15 min. and I'll be eligible for the $200 Verizon price. Being under my son's account, we used to be able to upgrade every year since he's an employee. But that has just changed. Whenever I upgrade this time, it will be the 2 years like everyone else. That's what's scary for me. If it was still a one year contract, that would be fine. I wouldn't be so confused. At this point, I think I will get the upgrade to the S3 and hope when the S4 comes out, I will think it's too big for me. At least I have something to look forward to on Tuesday (having it overnighted). I hope I can figure out how to set it up. My son would help me but he lives about 45 minutes away. He's so good at this, of course, it's his job. If you have anything more to add, I can use any information I can get. Geez, I hope the S4 is huge. Oh no! Plus whenever a hot new phone is released like the iphone 5, the employees are the last to get the new phones. Have to wait until the customers get theirs first. So no telling when it will be available for the employees. We have to order everything online. It was quite awhile before the iphone 5 appeared on the employees site available to order.
    Last edited by judy724; 01-27-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Welcome to the forum Judy!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Welcome to the forum Judy!
    Thank you. By the way, do you use a screen protector? If so, which one?

No, I gave up on screen protectors a year or two ago. My main reason for using them was fingerprints (I hate fingerprints), but I finally gave up and just use my shirt to wipe the screen off when it needs it. I never understood anyway, what protection they were supposed to provide to the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    No, I gave up on screen protectors a year or two ago. My main reason for using them was fingerprints (I hate fingerprints), but I finally gave up and just use my shirt to wipe the screen off when it needs it. I never understood anyway, what protection they were supposed to provide to the phone.
    I'm always afraid I'll get a huge scratch on the screen. I read the glass on the S3 won't scratch easily. But if you drop the phone, the screen will crack. My friend got one for Christmas, dropped it and shattered the screen.

Android Jr Member danesusername's Avatar

Re: Going Crazy-S3 vs S4

Quote Originally Posted by judy724 View Post
    I'm always afraid I'll get a huge scratch on the screen. I read the glass on the S3 won't scratch easily. But if you drop the phone, the screen will crack. My friend got one for Christmas, dropped it and shattered the screen.
    When I got my S3, I also bought the Commuter OtterBox for it, which comes with a screen protector. The Commuter is nice because it isn't huge. But I probably would have gotten a screen protector anyways, just in case. One of those typical "better safe than sorry" situations for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links