Welcome to the new Samsung Infuse Forum on Android.net!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the new Samsung Infuse Forum on Android.net! within the Samsung Infuse 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Welcome to the new forum on Android.net dedicated to the Samsung Infuse 4G. Take the Galaxy S, add another half and inch and an even ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new Samsung Infuse Forum on Android.net!

Twitter
    droidforums

Welcome to the new Samsung Infuse Forum on Android.net!

Welcome to the new forum on Android.net dedicated to the Samsung Infuse 4G. Take the Galaxy S, add another half and inch and an even better looking screen and you have the new Infuse! Other features include: 8 megapixel camera, 1.3 megapixel front facing cam, and 1.2GHz single-core Hummingbird processor.

Who's getting one of these bad boys??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm pretty much SICK of my Blackberry so this will DEFINITLY be my next phone! I would have went with the Atrix but it is just UGLY...the Infuse is beautiful! I've also been looking into the HTC Inspire but I don't think that it will be able to compete spec-wise with the Infuse...

Bought it on Sunday. Love it so far in the limited time I've had to use it. They were running a promotion, so in addition to the $25 gift certificate to Samsung's Media Hub, I got a free case (of my choice) as well as a car charger. Love it so far.

Infuse

A couple of comments about the phone thus far.

For the average user, don't let the fact that this isn't a dual core processor scare you aware. The phone is plenty fast.

Amazon app store is loaded, and working great. No problems at all.

Having previously used IOS, it is somewhat of a learning experience for me to make sure apps are being properly closed. I am looking for an app to help manage that, but have been doing this manually thus far (and hasn't been too painful).

The difference between IOS based apps and Android based apps is becoming a little more apparent. For example, the ESPN scorecenter on IOS provides notifications for your favorite teams. From what I see thus far, the Android based app does not provide any notifications. Maybe in due time.

Battery life appears to be pretty good. I was on the phone constantly for an entire day, and drained it down to 25%. Heavy web usage, downloading, texting...not just talking.

I still need to read the manual, but have been able to navigate my way around the found without any problems.

I want one

Hi,

I currently have an iPhone 4. I have used iOS since it came out in 2007 (yes, I paid $600 for my first iPhone). I want to get this phone or the HTC Inspire. I am leaning more towards this one, better screen, dual camera and the size, I just love the size.

I am not sure between HTC Sense or Samsung's Touchwiz. Being that this will be my first time with and Android anything I am thinking about the switch. I have been able so far to copy my contacts to Google but I still cant copy my calendar from iCal. Also, most of my things at home are iPod/iPhone ready, oh well, c'est la vie.

Another thing I am worried about is Android's fragmentation, but according to Google, they will be working on that.

So, will this be a painless switch?

Thank you,

Luis

Welcome to the forum! Fragmentation is a word that people (mostly iPhone fan sites) love to throw around, without having it really stick to anything. What are your concerns?

Will it be a painless switch? Probably not. It will take some getting used to, but that can be said for switching any platform. I came from BlackBerry to the Android world and I couldn't be happier. Yes, it took some doing to get everything I wanted from my BB onto my Fascinate, but it was all very do-able. Then I got into hacking. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

Thank you for your response. that is what I have heard everyone that has switched say. I wouldn't go back. I have not met one person go from Android to iPhone and liking it.

I just don't want to download an app and find out it doesn't work in my phone. In another forum people are complaining about Netflix not working on their Infuse, about not being abble to see MMS bigger than a 1'x1' thumbnail. Are those true?

Luis

Quote Originally Posted by luis138 View Post
    I just don't want to download an app and find out it doesn't work in my phone. In another forum people are complaining about Netflix not working on their Infuse, about not being abble to see MMS bigger than a 1'x1' thumbnail. Are those true?
    That could very well be true. I don't have an Infuse, so I can't verify. Issues like this come up all the time. I don't say that to scare you off. Because there is such a great deal of customization available for Android devices, issues can be caused by custom ROMs or kernels, OS updates causing certain apps to no longer function properly, etc. Maybe that's what you heard about "fragmentation." The truth is, the Android community is comprised of a whole lot of people who like to tinker. We all work together to help each other out. Chances are, if you have a problem with your phone, you can probably find someone who can help you fix it.

What about the things I do with my iPhone, can I do them with my Infuse? Such as syncing my contacts and calendars over the cloud, syncing non-protected songs via iTunes, downloading songs from my Infuse? Where do people download songs from in an Android device? Ca it be synced with my PowerBook running Snow Leopard?

Luis

Calendar & contacts can be cloud-synced with Google's servers. As far as the music stuff, someone else will have to help you with that. That's the one thing I don't do with my phone. I'm an anomaly, I know.

Tapatalk'd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links