Need help

This is a discussion on Need help within the Samsung Infuse 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I would caution getting rid of the bloatware apps. I've read in other forums that deleting those apps could cause problems when AT&T sends updates. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help

I would caution getting rid of the bloatware apps. I've read in other forums that deleting those apps could cause problems when AT&T sends updates. The updates could contain information about those other apps, and if you've trashed them, this could cause unwanted results.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Well if that's the case i guess i'll leave them on there. I would hate to go through that trouble of trying to reboot the phone or something. Damn it sucks to have those proprietary apps on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidio View Post
    I would caution getting rid of the bloatware apps. I've read in other forums that deleting those apps could cause problems when AT&T sends updates. The updates could contain information about those other apps, and if you've trashed them, this could cause unwanted results.

What do you mean by rooted? I'm a newb and these lingo's i don't get. Plus i don't want to do anything that may cause some problems if i were to get an update because i deleted these apps that came with the infuse. Like you said if you can just hide it or something that would be fine i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Not sure if you're rooted or not, but if not, getting rid of those unwanted apps is easy as downloading GoLauncher. Its got a ton ways to customize your home screens, free themes, etc. AND, it will let you "hide" all of the bloat our carriers fill our phones with.
    Give it a try if you're not ready to root yet.

Tapatalker!

Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
    Well if that's the case i guess i'll leave them on there. I would hate to go through that trouble of trying to reboot the phone or something. Damn it sucks to have those proprietary apps on there.
    If you root your phone, you can then download Titanium Backup which allows you to "freeze" the bloatware, thus hiding it, never to be seen again until you decide to "thaw" them out, if/when you need to return to stock for any OTA updates from your carrier.

Rooting your phone gives you "superuser" privileges (administrative access) enabling you to download custom roms, themes, root only apps from the Market, etc.

Rooting your phone does void your warranty, so make sure you do your homework so you understand what you're doing, and how to return to stock if need be. If you don't want to root, you can always download a 3rd party launcher such as GoLauncher which also has the ability of hiding apps (bloat) that the carriers so graciously put on our phones.
    Good luck!

Tapatalker!

Hi, If your having no luck still, try removing the ID3 data from your ringtones on your computer using ID3 killer.

Then using your data cable add the ringtone file to your sd card or other file area.

SORRY WRONG THREAD

Hi, If your having no luck still, try removing the ID3 data from your ringtones on your computer using ID3 killer.

Then using your data cable add the ringtone file to your sd card.

SORRY RIGHT THREAD
    Last edited by mniwh; 07-09-2011 at 06:25 AM.

For me, one way I use not to see those bloatware apps is by having the free app Apps Organizer. It lets me create folders and the apps I want in those folders. I categorize them as I want them (audio, tools, travel, shopping, photo, etc.). Now, I seldom have to go to the Application list. I use the apps shown in my folders only.

Down load an app called MP3 ringtone.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
    Down load an app called MP3 ringtone.
    Why not? I have it and it works great.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Android.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links