Samsung infuse vs Motorola Atrix

This is a discussion on Samsung infuse vs Motorola Atrix within the Samsung Infuse 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Originally Posted by spectre51 Motorola is quicker with updates then samsung. How baby samsung phones in the usa gave gotten froyo? How many motorola? Sent ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung infuse vs Motorola Atrix

Quote Originally Posted by spectre51 View Post
    Motorola is quicker with updates then samsung. How baby samsung phones in the usa gave gotten froyo? How many motorola?

Sent from my Dell Streak
    Well I think you did not have to wait almost 10 months to get 2.1 upgrade from very limited 1.5. And no one was able to come up with a custom ROM. But if you need to upgrade your Captivate you do not have to wait for official one. Dorian's 2.2 V2 rom is very solid. try that. Besides upgrade delaying not because of Samsung it is Because of AT&T. Unofficial samsung update is already out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Well I think you did not have to wait almost 10 months to get 2.1 upgrade from very limited 1.5. And no one was able to come up with a custom ROM. But if you need to upgrade your Captivate you do not have to wait for official one. Dorian's 2.2 V2 rom is very solid. try that. Besides upgrade delaying not because of Samsung it is Because of AT&T. Unofficial samsung update is already out there.
    Proof that ATT is the reason the Captivate hasn't been updated yet? How many of the other US branded Galaxy S phones have been updated?

Sorry, but installing custom ROMs on phones does not count. Also, Motorola seems to be getting quicker about upgrading their Motoblur phones. Personally I suspect that the delays with the Cliq/Backflip/CliqXT were more to do with hardware/drivers than with Motoblur itself.

Anyway, I know I'm in the minority but I actually like Motoblur, though since I'm using a Backflip still I do know it uses a lot of resources, but on some of these new phones? I doubt it's very noticeable that its running.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Good point but samsung is a global corporation and since Europe and canada have their upgrade that kind of proves my point. Peace.

I know you may think I hate Motorola but I did not write this article. Think before you invest in Motorola.

It's the question many of us are asking --will Motorola's upcoming phones have locked bootloaders? Based on Motorola's previous stance on the issue we all expected the answer to be yes, but there's no harm in asking again, right? New hardware (the Droid Bionic and Atrix 4G use a different CPU, that doesn't carry the e-Fuse technology) could mean a new protection scheme, and people are curious. Someone got a bit curious in the comments of Motorola's YouTube video showcasing the Smart docks for the Atrix 4G and got hit with a stunner of a reply by a Motorola employee, and I quote: @tdcrooks if you want to do custom roms, then buy elsewhere, we'll continue with our strategy that is working thanks. Sounds like good advice to me, so I'll certainly be buying elsewhere. Lock the phones up if you want to Motorola, but I think that money might be better spent training your PR folks how to field questions. It wasn't too long ago that most people were "buying elsewhere", and with that sort of attitude history could start to repeat itself. [YouTube via Android Central forums] Update: As many have already seen and commented, Motorola has cleansed the comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links