Infuse, 4G or Not?

This is a discussion on Infuse, 4G or Not? within the Samsung Infuse 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Apparently there has been some discussion that it does not actually use AT&T's upcoming LTE network. It actually uses HSPA+, like T-Mobile has. This being ...

Thread: Infuse, 4G or Not?

Infuse, 4G or Not?

Apparently there has been some discussion that it does not actually use AT&T's upcoming LTE network. It actually uses HSPA+, like T-Mobile has. This being said, it should carry the same speeds as the LTE, so who knows why this even matters, but it is dumb because AT&T is going to support HSPA+ and LTE(which is the only network so far to do so).

I guess this is only useful for people who might want to unlock one of those T-Mobile HSPA+ phones. Otherwise, I wouldn't see why they don't just do LTE.

Either way, I really want to get this. I really love the fact that we could have 4G and be even faster, but in all sense if I had to do 3G I wouldn't even mind, as long as I have a damn better phone(Backflip owner, horrible mistake). Motorola is the worst a putting out updates, and they don't even support half the phones they put out, they just make some sort of "unique" design(such as keyboard on the back, and flipping out backwards = backflip, and just a square that turns to the side to reveal a keyboard = flipout, along with numerous other "mid range" android phones. You can't even consider them "mid range" because they run so slow, as Andorid isn't really meant for these kind of phones, it just doesn't work out). So, anyways, Atrix is out of the question. I'll get over the dual core. They say the Captivate will stand up against these dual core phones, and the Infuse is basically a Captivate with some additions.

Does AT&T already have HSPA+ out there? I've never even heard of them having HSPA+ before until now. I always thought it was just going to be LTE.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Lurker Andrea Cristiano Maietta's Avatar
    yes AT&T has HSPA+ all three of the new phones the Inspire, ATrix and infuse are only HSPA+ phones the HSPA+ will be plenty fast.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by apwhitelaw View Post
    Apparently there has been some discussion that it does not actually use AT&T's upcoming LTE network. It actually uses HSPA+, like T-Mobile has. This being said, it should carry the same speeds as the LTE, so who knows why this even matters, but it is dumb because AT&T is going to support HSPA+ and LTE(which is the only network so far to do so).

I guess this is only useful for people who might want to unlock one of those T-Mobile HSPA+ phones. Otherwise, I wouldn't see why they don't just do LTE.

Either way, I really want to get this. I really love the fact that we could have 4G and be even faster, but in all sense if I had to do 3G I wouldn't even mind, as long as I have a damn better phone(Backflip owner, horrible mistake). Motorola is the worst a putting out updates, and they don't even support half the phones they put out, they just make some sort of "unique" design(such as keyboard on the back, and flipping out backwards = backflip, and just a square that turns to the side to reveal a keyboard = flipout, along with numerous other "mid range" android phones. You can't even consider them "mid range" because they run so slow, as Andorid isn't really meant for these kind of phones, it just doesn't work out). So, anyways, Atrix is out of the question. I'll get over the dual core. They say the Captivate will stand up against these dual core phones, and the Infuse is basically a Captivate with some additions.

Does AT&T already have HSPA+ out there? I've never even heard of them having HSPA+ before until now. I always thought it was just going to be LTE.
    HSPA+ is more of a transitory network from 3G to LTE. AT&T's current HSPA+ tops out at 14.4Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps up, where regular HSDPA/HSUPA is only 7.2Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps up. The issue with all the carriers in building out a true LTE network is that they're going to have to add more backhaul to their towers, which I'm actually doing ATM. :cool: The future LTE towers need a fiber backhaul to support LTE's speeds, which start at 21.1Mbps. Without appropriate backhaul, even though LTE supports those speeds, you'd never see anything more than 14.4Mbps because that's all the latest towers are equipped to handle.

Until we start getting LTE transceivers and equipment installed, most towers will stay capped at 14.4Mbps per user maximum.

The speed limits imposed by HSPA+ won't be an issue until Q3-Q4 2012, and by then most of AT&T's network footprint will be covered by LTE anyway.

And the reason that no one has heard of AT&T's HSPA+ is because AT&T didn't relabel it to 4G, like TMO did. They've had it in many major metro areas for several months now.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links