Infuse Overheats and Stops Responding While Charging

This is a discussion on Infuse Overheats and Stops Responding While Charging within the Samsung Infuse 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; So when I first bought the Infuse I was in love with it, it functioned great, did everything I asked of it and I began ...

Thread: Infuse Overheats and Stops Responding While Charging

Infuse Overheats and Stops Responding While Charging

So when I first bought the Infuse I was in love with it, it functioned great, did everything I asked of it and I began to call myself a believer in Android, and I still am just maybe not with Samsung, even though I love all the other Samsung products I own. Anyways my problem with the phone now (owned it for about 12 months now) is as follows:

When I'm running some labor intensive apps the phone has always heated up, normal I know. When I've had an app crash the phone heats up, again normal I know. However in the past after the app has crashed and the process killed, or I've cut down on the labor intensive apps or closed unused apps the phone cools down.

Recently instead of the phone cooling down after closing apps or killing crashed apps processes the phone doesn't cool down, instead it locks up and the screen basically goes into sleep mode (as in pressing the button on the side of the phone) but never will turn back on, and the phone continues to get hotter to the point that it's actually too hot to hold in your hand. The only way I've found to get the phone back on is to hold the power button till it restarts or to pull the battery out and reboot.

Now I could deal with that even though I know it's not normal, I wasn't happy about it but whatever, I dont' ask for much. The kicker has been lately, when I plug the phone in to charge, doesn't matter what temperature the phone is at at the beginning of charging, the phone heats up and freezes. I often down know until I go to check the phone for messages or just to make a call and it doens't come on when I hit he power button, then I notice how hot it is. I'll hold the power button to reboot it and when it comes back on the battery is either drained down to under 10% or lower and the battery temp is in excess of 130F which is way over the normal operating temp.

Phone is always in a ventilated area when this occurs, no case on the phone, happens with the stock charger and after market, and I've owned the phone for about 12 months.

Is this just the price I pay for using the phone a lot when it was still new, or is this a bad battery or something else. I've noticed others having issues with this when they use the GPS or bluetooth, but I always have these features turned off, I also tried to turn the brightness way down and it still occurs.

Any help would be appreciated, I do have AT&T phone insurance but I really don't want to have to back up all my media just to get a refurb phone when I can upgrade in about 5 months...

Thanks,
    -Joe

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

bump, any thoughts. I've noticed lately that when I'm on wifi I don't seem to have this issue. Is it possible that the sim card is bad?

Try a different charger or battery first.

I have two chargers already, the problem persists on the stock charger that came with the phone and an aftermarket charger. Also happens at work and at home so I know it's not the charger or the power source.

I took the phone into AT&T and the clueless representative also suggested a new battery (I say clueless because after a 30 minute conversation on the phone he tried to sell me the wrong battery twice, and insisted I had a Motorola phone when it says Samsung right on the front...) tried the new battery and within 15 mintues of reading the news on the phone it was heating up and went non responsive again.

I've come to two possible causes to my problem: one, the Samsung Infuse is a major fail from Samsung which is sad because I love all their products, or two, there is something wrong with the Sim Card or Sim card slot because when the phone begins to act up the cell service seems to dive no matter where I am, and I've noticed when I'm on a WIFI network I never ever have the same problems.

System rom tools can recalibrat your batter. Do you have wife angle gps on al the time not good.
    It sounds like a battery problem have you tried charging via a laptop or pv using usb ass it charges slower with less current

I never use the GPS except for rare occurences when I use the map to get directions, but I always turn it off right after. And as I said above I bought a new battery and still have the same issues. I have no issue with charging with a computer but it just irks me that I can't charge the phone normally with an approved wall adapter... for a little bit of humor, it's like xbox 360 enthuisiats saying that you can fix the red ring of death by opening the console and attaching pennies to the heat sink so people shouldn't be upset about it.. but you shouldn't have to jump hoops for a product that you pay good money for, it should work as advertised in my opinion.

It's something to do with data usage. When I turn off Data the phone never heats up, whether it is charging or on standby or in use. As soon as I turn data back on and start surfing the internet or with it sitting on standby with Data enabled is when it heats up. I don't know if something is pushing data usage or when it has a week signal it works harder to push data, but one way or another I'm upgrading to a new phone in january and getting a new Sim Card just to be safe.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links