Rooting the Samsung Intercept

This is a discussion on Rooting the Samsung Intercept within the Samsung Intercept Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Intercept category; Originally Posted by brdkiller Originally Posted by jackson can some one give me instructions on how to root my intercept or make it better if ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rooting the Samsung Intercept

Root 4 the epic

Quote Originally Posted by brdkiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    can some one give me instructions on how to root my intercept or make it better
    if you read this whole thread you will see the 2 posts from 2 different people,one is a one click root for the intercept (i dont think it works) and theres on about using the epic 4g's rooting process.well i tried both and i think the epic 4g process rooted my intercept,it said it failed but the "under the hood" app tells me im rooted. i tried those 2 and the little kernal build and one of them worked because it says im rooted but like i said i think the epic 4g process is the one that worked,now as far as what to do after rooting,i havent found any roms at all for the intercept so im just gonna upgrade to froyo if it comes first
    I think I will wait for one that does not jack my wifi...and that has an unroot.

Quote Originally Posted by antproofcase View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    can some one give me instructions on how to root my intercept or make it better
    if you read this whole thread you will see the 2 posts from 2 different people,one is a one click root for the intercept (i dont think it works) and theres on about using the epic 4g's rooting process.well i tried both and i think the epic 4g process rooted my intercept,it said it failed but the "under the hood" app tells me im rooted. i tried those 2 and the little kernal build and one of them worked because it says im rooted but like i said i think the epic 4g process is the one that worked,now as far as what to do after rooting,i havent found any roms at all for the intercept so im just gonna upgrade to froyo if it comes first
    I think I will wait for one that does not jack my wifi...and that has an unroot.
    yeah i cant seem to figure out how to unroot at all but my wifi works perfectly,im gonna try a froyo rom and if it screws up then ill just send it back,sprint already replaced one so ill talk em into it again lol,oh an theres a new phone comin thats supposed to be similar so maybe we can all just get upgrades (wishful thinkin) lol

[/quote]
    yeah i cant seem to figure out how to unroot at all but my wifi works perfectly,im gonna try a froyo rom and if it screws up then ill just send it back,sprint already replaced one so ill talk em into it again lol,oh an theres a new phone comin thats supposed to be similar so maybe we can all just get upgrades (wishful thinkin) lol[/QUOTE]

Would like to know how that went for you...and prior to that, how you managed to root the intercept w/o horking the wifi. Everyone I've talked to says wifi no longer works post-root.

Any info is appreciated?

yeah i cant seem to figure out how to unroot at all but my wifi works perfectly,im gonna try a froyo rom and if it screws up then ill just send it back,sprint already replaced one so ill talk em into it again lol,oh an theres a new phone comin thats supposed to be similar so maybe we can all just get upgrades (wishful thinkin) lol[/QUOTE]

Would like to know how that went for you...and prior to that, how you managed to root the intercept w/o horking the wifi. Everyone I've talked to says wifi no longer works post-root.

Any info is appreciated?[/QUOTE]
    well im not gonna act like im very smart with this stuff because i just started but im learnin quick,this is my second smart phone but first android so its all new therefor i wont act as if i know everything,but i just tried the 2 one click root methods that are on this post and they kept saying failed but all the test apps i tried said i was rooted,and ive been able to use root manager to delete stock apps and stuff so i guess its fore sure im rooted and i didnt change anything to make the wifi work,it just works lol but once again im new at this and i reckon i just got lucky,over at sdx developers they have a good kernal that includes root and wifi tho,people workin on roms and all kinds of stuff

Everyone I've talked to says wifi no longer works post-root.

Any info is appreciated?
    brdkiller, I simply used joeykrim's root (I believe it was originally for the Galaxy S product line) it can be found here: joeykrim-SDX - Permanent Root for Epic (and Verizon Fascinate) - Confirmed

I've rooted a couple Sprint USA/CDMA Intercepts at this point and I haven't had any issue with WIFI working after words. WifiTether on the other hand is another issue due to the stock kernel the device ships with.

Using the inxane .1 kernel developed over at SDX. WiFi works great, have root, and can tether using Barnacle Legacy.

inxane custom kernel [root+wifi] [released!]

Smile thank you

Very cool....rooted it before I saw this but had no idea about the barnacle legacy tether....works like a charm!

Hey All-
    My intercept has been pretty (well, really!) laggy as of recently. As an example, I was driving home on wednesday, and my phone started to ring, I tried to pick up, then nothing. Phone was worthless and I had to pull the battery out and restart it. (By the way, it seems to have MORE problems when the battery is low). Anyways, by the time the phone is back up, I've gotten 4 voicemails and basically now dont have enough battery to call anybody back.

Outside of experiences like that, it seems the OS is just uber-laggy sometimes for no apparent reason. When I go into Advanced Task killer, it virtually says every time that I have 26MB free, then when I shut down stuff, it pretty much always says I have 46 free. Its sill pretty slow and unresponsive. Oftentimes it takes 10 seconds to pull up a text message, just as a general example.

Why can a POS nokia do that almost instantly and this awesome linux based OS on this phone acts like its had a stroke?

Ok, done venting. What advantages are there to rooting? Will it improve performance or just what I'm able to do?

Halp!

Quote Originally Posted by mike3020 View Post
    this is the updated intercept root with updated instruction
    Download: Download Intercept one click root.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

changes: changed the names on the batch files
    So does this install Nandroid once you root it? Please explain what this does exactly. I'm familiar with Rooting but I've never tried to do it on a Samsung. I always have done HTC's but what is the best way to root the Intercept and install Nandroid

Hello.... so I'm trying to obtain step by step instructions for rooting my intercept, which it seems that all these threads only give you either what you need to download, or what you can gain from rooting your phone. Can someone who is above and beyond and already been there rooted and is now enjoying phone jot down a step by step instruction list for me (I am not a complete idiot, lol promise) its alot easier for me to go from A - Z then trying to gather the whole alphabet in one shot.... that's sure rock

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links