Welcome to the Samsung Intercept Forum!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Samsung Intercept Forum! within the Samsung Intercept forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Linda how dare you scoff the Evo...lol Just kidding. I'm glad you are enjoying you new intercept. Welcome to the site. The Intercept has not ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Samsung Intercept Forum!

Linda how dare you scoff the Evo...lol Just kidding. I'm glad you are enjoying you new intercept. Welcome to the site. The Intercept has not got the best reviews out of the gate so please post your likes and concerns.

Like many of us new to android we search forums to find help on our new devices. So often though we only run to post when we have a problem and forget to give props to that which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by danDroid View Post
    Sprint Droids would like to welcome you to the Samsung Intercept Forum!

We have setup this section for Samsung Intercept owners to discuss every aspect of the new phone.

Welcome Aboard!
    I have had my Intercept for about 2 weeks. I use all the features including MP3, music, GPS, www, email,... and keep over 1000 contacts in sync with Outlook 2007. I'm a truck driver. Finally, getting to where I love the phone but it took awhile to make everything work the way I want. I'm still not able to sort my Contacts by Last Name and can't find anyone that knows a solution. I also need the microphone to work during calls when the wired headphones are in use. Solve these two issues and you got my 110% satisfaction!

Talking whata steal!

you know i was switchin from a BB and i was new to sprint,read more reviews on them and all there phones than i could name.read the good the bad and like most people i was all for the evo and even was gonna wait for the epic,then i ran into the intercept.i bet you i read a million reviews literally and all were bad.i have mine now an i feel like i stole somethin haha. ok first off all smartphones have problems,hell go read the evo blogs on the sprint website.second the intercept gets FROYO!!! intercept is 99 dollars (got mine free off celluardeals.com) and the evo an epic are all like close to 300. so that should say whats the better phone. i have customized mine to be the best phone ever,if it freezes i dial ##3282# tap restore an put in my msl code an after that it works fine for weeks.also launcher pro an not usin app killer helped out a whole lot.to sum it up,the suckers can pay out the ass for the big bulkyness evo or for the epic(wich people are already complainin about) an us intercept users can sit back with the extra cash in our pockets enjoyin FROYO

brd I'm glad you're having good luck with your phone. Sometimes on forums all you get is the bad. So your liking the android system?

well finally after a sprint rep showin me the steps to makin my phone work good,yes i am very pleased with my android phone,no other phones can top the android wonders lol.and yes you are rite,people only post the negative,just like with sprint.people say all the bad about sprint but really its just some of the reps,just got off the phone with sprint and they credited 100 dollars to my account.oh yeah not to mention they have a top of the phone lineup,i do have a question though,i do not understand what rotting is. how do i do this and what exactly does it do?

Rooting is like jailbreaking and this gives you full control of your phone. You can add different roms, use root apps like wireless tether and so much more.

As for how to root? I have an Evo and they are just getting the new method out to us now but it can be a very difficult process (one i'm not willing to try yet). Once a phone has been out for a bit they usually come up with a easy root method but for your samsung i'm not sure yet what they have done

soo what can sprint do if i root the phone? i mean they say if you use pda.net sprint will notice but i know too many people who has been lucky so far.also when you say add different roms,does that mean it would change the performance on the phone? i only know a little about phones.not at all familiar with rooting

Quote Originally Posted by brdkiller View Post
    soo what can sprint do if i root the phone? i mean they say if you use pda.net sprint will notice but i know too many people who has been lucky so far.also when you say add different roms,does that mean it would change the performance on the phone? i only know a little about phones.not at all familiar with rooting
    As far as sprint goes if you root you void your warranty and if you brick your phone in the root process your out of luck. I just used wireless tether as one example. I use pdanet too and never had an issue with sprint as far as that goes

Yes a rom changes alot in your phone. Its a new theme that changes the performance allowing you to overclock, break the 30fps, put theme's on your phone to change the look all together

Their is much more to it then this but like i said i haven't rooted yet so i dont know all the ins and outs

that sounds like somethin im goin to have to look into,im pretty good with altering electronics once i learn the works of them.only worked on xbox's really.do you know of any links or any website where i could probally find the info?

No sorry but i'm sure once root has been accomplished it will be posted here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links