Welcome to the Samsung Intercept Forum!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Samsung Intercept Forum! within the Samsung Intercept forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; ok well one last question,does rooting stop the phone from future updates?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Samsung Intercept Forum!

ok well one last question,does rooting stop the phone from future updates?

Future updates can sometimes break root but most of the time when you are rooted new roms will come out with the updates in them. Example froyo was an ota update but before froyo came out root users had available roms with froyo.

Happy with Intercept

I switched from BB to the Intercept and am enjoying all the features.
    Does anyone sync with Google Calendar? Can't seem to get my phone to send Google Calendar info to computer.

Hi everyone, had my Intercept a few days now. Unfortunately it looks like a few issues could really kill what I think it a potentially great phone before it gets off the ground.

Switched from a Blackberry when I saw this phone available for $50 (with contract extension) from Wirefly. I went into it knowing about the issues people have been reporting but wanted to give it a shot anyway.

Luckily I have not been suffering from most of the issues others are reporting (Sprint data works fairly well in my area). The one issue I think is going to really hurt this phone though is the one with the Home and Back buttons failing to register a lot of the time. These buttons are absolutely critical for switching between apps. It is damn surprising to me the phone was released with this critical flaw.

I am hopeful though...the phone is still relatively new at this point. Hopefully Sprint/Samsung will come out with an update to correct this problem quickly. When the button DOES work though I absolutely love this phone. I don't need a screen that can play HD video. What I need is a phone that can quickly access news and information, let me do the basic social networking stuff, has a snappy GPS (my blackberry took ages to get its location, this does it in under 30 seconds), play some basic games, and stream some video from the net....The phone performs well on all the counts.

As I said, I am hopeful (call me an optimist) that the button issue will be quickly fixed. Add on to that Froyo and wifi sharing hopefully to come and you figure for the price this phone simply can not be beat! I'll take the extra $150 I saved versus an Evo and put it towards a nice tablet around New Years.

Please if any Sprint/Samsung folks do happen to read this thread (again the optimist reveals himself), get these buttons fixed ASAP! You have a potentially great entry level Android phone here, don't let a simple programming issue ruin it.

Home and Back buttons

I have just switched to Sprint. I got the Evo for myself and the Intercept for my wife. The intercept seems to be a decent phone, but the Home and Back button do not work as well as the Evo. We have found that a quick double tap on the buttons always seems to work and get you where you need to be. Sometimes a single click works, but not all of the time. I am wondering if I should take the phone back to Sprint, or if they are all like this.

Exchanged the wife's phone for another intercept. Home and back buttons work fine on this one. No lag, no double-click.

I have an EVO, the wife has an intercept... it is extremely laggy, soft buttons take forever to respond as well as touch screen. especially in Angry birds!

Is this common? because of the slower processor? she is also using a majority of onboard storage for apps. Should she take it to sprint service center to have it looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by errandwolfe View Post
    Switched from a Blackberry when I saw this phone available for $50 (with contract extension) from Wirefly.
    I only quoted this portion of the the message due to the fact that the remainder of the post contained feedback regarding button issues.

I hoping to secure additional feedback regarding other users and their conversion from the Blackberry. I am a devoted BB convert. My job
    provided one for my use. Can other users give any comments (good
    or bad) in comparison of the two devices?

I must state that the BB did not have access to any sort of apps, so
    right off the bat I'd consider that a plus for the Android Device.

Cool Intercept Problems and Froyo 2.2 availablity

Well let me say I am not the most tech savy guy but I have found alot of posts about FroYo. Seems like alot of hype to me. I would like 2.2 and will probably wait for an over the air update. Secondly, right out of the box on 2 differant phones (same model Intercept) I found that the phone would not allow access to the Internet or updates to downloaded programs UNLESS I updated the PRL and profile every 24hrs. These 2 phones were bought from BESTBUY. Finally went to a Sprint store and got 3rd phone. Seems to be fine so far. Should mention that in order to get flash capabilities I use Skyfire for the browser. Thinking this was the calprut for the problem I deleted the this browser, but experienced the same thing. I am now using Skyfire on 3rd phone without issues so far. Anyone else experience this problem and or do you know if an upgrade to 2.2 from 2.1 is available for install by myself or over air?

different users, different experiences

I notice a lot of people have issues with lagging and button response with the intercept. I did a few weeks of research on the intercept before I decided to get one for myself and my wife. Right out of the box (after charging) I install a new dial pad because I read the Factory install freezes. I use Nubdial and seems to work fine on both phones. I also installed ADW Launcher because I read it fixes a lot of the lag issues. So far no problems with the lagging. As far as a browser Im using Dolphin HD. Loads smooth on wifi I cant say for the EVDO data cuz I dont use it. But it works fine reminds me of Google Chrome. And lastly I installed Fastest Task Killer. I dont have it set to auto kill cuz its slows down the load time but I just do a kill every once in a while when I notice its running slow. And I also set it to kill certain system apps that I dont need. <Dont kill these unless you know which ones to kill.> (From what I read though when and if we get 2.2, having a task killer only complicates things.) Since I have had all these things installed I have not had lag issues, freeze issues or slow operation. Games, videos, apps all run smooth. Only thing Im missing is Flash. Oh and Storage of apps on SD without rooting would be nice too so I can free up some system memory. I hope this info helps out the people with issues. If you see anything that I miss spoke of, dont be shy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links