Issues with new Intercept - resolvable, or should I switch to a different Droid?

This is a discussion on Issues with new Intercept - resolvable, or should I switch to a different Droid? within the Samsung Intercept forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I just received my Intercept on Monday. Unfortunately, it has given me many issues. It will not download anything (free or charge) from the marketplace ...

Thread: Issues with new Intercept - resolvable, or should I switch to a different Droid?

Issues with new Intercept - resolvable, or should I switch to a different Droid?

I just received my Intercept on Monday. Unfortunately, it has given me many issues.

• It will not download anything (free or charge) from the marketplace
    • The soft touch keys have slow/no response intermittently
    • Visual voice-mail was able to show my first message, but said that I had to call for my 2nd. It was no longer working
    • I was able to log in to my Facebook acct, but when trying to refresh it (which I had to do manually because it had not updated since my first log in) it would not update.
    • I was able to set up my email, but then it would not update new messages coming into the inbox and had all of my outgoing messages as "sending" for over a day.

It did download the Sprint specific phone help for my phone, so I know it's not just that I don't have a good internet connection. And, I've been able to access the internet.

I have tried to do power cycles, shutting it down, and even taking out the battery. Also, I called the support line and they did the full reset of the phone and it is still having issues. They suggested that I send it back in for a new phone.

My Sprint rep said that he is not a fan of the phone and I should pick a different phone.

So... my question is: Do these issues sound resolvable or should I just outright switch to a different phone while in my first 30 days? (considering the Hero or EVO, or hold out for the EPIC next week) I'm coming from a full keyboard LG phone on Verizon, so that is what drew me to the Intercept in the first place. I don't need the newest, biggest phone, but I'm not turned off by them, either - I'm looking for a DROID that I can text easily on, that will have a good camera, and be able to access Facebook and emails easily, and access the internet regularly.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It seems like a lot of people are having issues with their intercepts. If you can afford it, I recommend the EVO. Words cannot describe how amazing it is. If you need a hardware keyboard then the Samsung Epic is coming out soon.

Thanks! I have had a full physical keyboard for 4 years, so it will be an adjustment to not have one if I switch to the EVO or HERO, but it may be worth it. From the looks of it, the EPIC should be great, but it looks just like the Intercept (and is also from Samsung) so I'm leery that it may have some of the same issues.
    ...wishing the EPIC was already out in the hands of the public so I could gauge their reviews.

I had an Epic for a month. It was the best and worst phone I ever had.

The battery could bearly last through a workday and that's with minimal usage.
    The phone would not stay on for more then a day. Constantly rebooting and locking up.

Sent it back and got the intercept. Slower and Smaller! But at least it works.

Iguana, you should have tried a new Epic first. However if you're happy with the phone you have now, that's all that really counts.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Help...I have an intercept that wont find or connect to one of my hands free bt devices or my new car bluetooth however it does find and connect to other hands free devices that I own. I have a car with ford touch and synch

Intercept to Hero

Got a used Hero to replace my Intercept. Upgraded it to Cyanogen(Mod) Froyo 2.2.

The Hero is a lot quicker for almost everything. Battery Life is great close to 24 hours.

Minor difference: AngryBirds played better on the Intercept.

The Hero is only 3G (Yeah!) Saves me $10 a month.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links