When Will Intercept Get Froyo?

This is a discussion on When Will Intercept Get Froyo? within the Samsung Intercept forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I saw an article that back in August it was announce Intercept will get Froyo. Is that still happening? When? I'd love more info and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Will Intercept Get Froyo?

When Will Intercept Get Froyo?

I saw an article that back in August it was announce Intercept will get Froyo. Is that still happening? When? I'd love more info and my google-fu is either weak or there is no more hard info out there.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sprint has stated that all phones released in 2010 will get Froyo. But they have never given a date.

Sent from my Samsung Intercept using Tapatalk.

danDroid
    Hopefully we'll see it before the end of the year..

Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    Sprint has stated that all phones released in 2010 will get Froyo. But they have never given a date.
    I attempted to research more info regarding the release. However unless I missed something, an upgrade date is still not mentioned.

Still hoping for more info. Still not seeing a date, not even a rumored one.

This is what I was told when I asked Sprint on twitter.

@sprintcare: haven't heard any dates on the 2.2 update.* However, as soon as we hear something, we'll let everybody know!

So, it's coming, but who knows when.

Why don't you just root your phone? It's not hard and you can install froyo, even sense UI if you like, just Google root or universal androot

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TimidRat View Post
    Why don't you just root your phone? It's not hard and you can install froyo, even sense UI if you like, just Google root or universal androot

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Don't have a computer. If I did, would be looking into that. Anyway, my upgrade is March, so good chance I'm getting the new EVO.

The most recent "rumor" I saw was 1 to 2 weeks and that was about a week ago. That was in Sprints Intercept forum by a guy claiming to have gotten this info from a :sprint: CSR. I still am happier waiting for 2.2 rather than drinking that Apple coolaid. Don't they know thats what cults do?

Android Central is posting December 17 for Froyo. I really thought the Epic would get it before we would.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links