[ODIN] Leak USCC Froyo EA11 Stock + Root

This is a discussion on [ODIN] Leak USCC Froyo EA11 Stock + Root within the Samsung Mesmerize forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; So here's what Samsung has been sitting on for the last few months.. I present to you an 'official' build including the kernel, radio, and ...

Thread: [ODIN] Leak USCC Froyo EA11 Stock + Root

[ODIN] Leak USCC Froyo EA11 Stock + Root

So here's what Samsung has been sitting on for the last few months..

I present to you an 'official' build including the kernel, radio, and full-blown froyo tastiness, for the USCC Samsung Mesmerize. Pre-rooted for your convenience, just download and flash with the latest version of ODIN. These are stock images plus root so your phone will function as if you just turned it on for the first time, albeit with a finger that magically instills root powers into any device you touch..

Step 1
    Download ODIN here: Odin v1.3

Step 2
    Install the Samsung USB drivers: 64bit | 32bit

Step 3
    WARNING: These files are for the USCC Samsung Mesmerize. Do NOT flash these to another device.
    Download the ODIN package: USCC Froyo [ODIN]

Step 4
    Unzip the ODIN package and you will find two files. One ends in tar.md5 This is the ODIN package that you will flash to your device. The other file ends in .pit. This file is a configuration file of sorts for your device. It is not needed unless you have trouble.

Step 5
    Backup the data on your device. You are going to lose it.

Step 5.5
    Backup the data on your device. It is not coming back.

Step 6
    Open up ODIN. Load the tar.md5 file into the PDA section.

Step 7
    Put your phone into download mode. The easiest way to do this is to issue the "reboot download" command from adb. If you don't have adb installed, simply download adb.zip. Extract the files to a new folder and open up a command prompt in that folder by holding down shift then right-clicking inside the folder window. There will be a menu entry "Open command window here". Select it. Then, type "adb reboot recovery" (no quotes) and press enter.
    For more information on ADB I strongly recommend reading the "ADB Workshop" by Adrynalyne and Captainkrtek over at XDA.
    Alternatively, you can power your phone off. Hold down the "Volume Down" button and plug in the USB cable (make sure the other end is plugged into the computer first).

If all is successful, you should see a yellow triangle around a hard-working android and the words 'Downloading... Do not turn off target' (also in yellow).

*Step 8*
    Once your phone is in download mode it should pop up in ODIN. Once ODIN has found the device, make sure you have the tar.md5 file loaded in PDA from step 6, and press START! ODIN will begin flashing your device. After a few minutes it should reboot into recovery, flash some text, and reboot again into Froyo! If all goes well, the white box in ODIN will turn green (=

That's all! You will need to setup your phone again like you did when you first got it. While annoying, it's worth it! Once you have everything setup you're good to go. Check back periodically for Froyo ROMs and customizations. There are already some on the way and many more coming since Froyo has been out for awhile -_-

http://bit.ly/h6ZQMt <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root
    (I will add more versions as they become available..)

<phidelt82 | donate> hosting, help, and testing (this guy will flash anything I throw at him)
    more to come

Finally, I put some time into fixing this up for you all. If you appreciate my time, buy me a beer or two (=
    <dcow | donate>
    Last edited by dcow; 02-07-2011 at 03:37 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

24 times
    Congrats, my Mesmerize brethren!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links