PC Doesn't Recognize Transform

This is a discussion on PC Doesn't Recognize Transform within the Samsung Transform Tech forums, part of the Samsung Transform category; FWIW, I run Win 7-64bit and have not ran into any issues. Just a thought...if the cordless devices are locking up do you have a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Doesn't Recognize Transform

PC - USB - Transform

FWIW, I run Win 7-64bit and have not ran into any issues.

Just a thought...if the cordless devices are locking up do you have a standard USB mouse/keyboard that you can try just to see if the same thing happens?

Regarding unreliable copy to-from the removable media perhaps you could try a different memory card...or maybe reformat the existing card?

$.02

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know that I wasn't the only one.

Shortly after posting, I went ahead and swapped my transform for an epic and, holy moley, what a great idea that was. It's more expensive (and I'm paying $10 /month more for 4g service (which isn't even available in my town)) but it's a MUCH better device.

It hooks up to my XP computer without a hitch. Interestly enough, though, the windows 7 machine still doesn't like it. Tha's ok. That computer is the wife's, and I have been banned from using it :-D

The transform was a good phone, but if you are more than a casual user (and you're still within your 30 day window (and you have an extra $10 to blow)) i'd highly recommend the epic or the evo (I went with epic because I can't live without the keyboard.))

Quote Originally Posted by readermo View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Glad to know that I wasn't the only one.

Shortly after posting, I went ahead and swapped my transform for an epic and, holy moley, what a great idea that was. It's more expensive (and I'm paying $10 /month more for 4g service (which isn't even available in my town)) but it's a MUCH better device.

It hooks up to my XP computer without a hitch. Interestly enough, though, the windows 7 machine still doesn't like it. Tha's ok. That computer is the wife's, and I have been banned from using it :-D

The transform was a good phone, but if you are more than a casual user (and you're still within your 30 day window (and you have an extra $10 to blow)) i'd highly recommend the epic or the evo (I went with epic because I can't live without the keyboard.))
    I got it working. It was painful, convoluted process and involved Quicktime, iTunes, and that damned "Bonjour" service being ganked up, uninstallable and not installable. I had to literally ginsu the registry to remove those and any bits and traces of apple apps (updater, etc). After that, I got a good reinstall of said apps, but it hosed my winsock and path statements. Once I cleaned that crap up and, even the Transform now works great when I USB it to m PC. GO figure.

WE do not have 4G speeds here, mostly 2G and 3G, so I am quite content with the Transform and it's abilities. We paid $69 for the phones and that's quite enough, and don't have to cough up $10 extra month per phone for service we may not see down here for a while yet. And I certainly won't pay $300 for a phone, even it it scratched my back and made breakfast!

Wink USB not being recognized

OK, so after days of trying to get my computer to recognize my transform and after downloading the current drives from Samsung for my transform I finally called their support line. Luckily my daughter also has a transform because I grabbed her usb and tried it and it immediately connected. The support person said that I may have gotten a usb cable that charges only and my daughter got the data usb which charges AND transfers data. Once I used my daughter's cable I was able to sync my phone and get all of my music files. Here is the number on my "charge only" usb cable: RT1Z818OSE (or close to that-damn writing is so small! LOL) the "data" usb cable is: DW1Z917WSE (I think!). Needless to say you should have an idea after checking your usb cable as to which one you have and if it's the charger only cable you now know why it won't recognize your connection for data sync. The support tech recommended that you ask sprint to replace it first, if they won't give them a call and they will see what they can do.

Hope this gives you some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by lin22 View Post
    OK, so after days of trying to get my computer to recognize my transform and after downloading the current drives from Samsung for my transform I finally called their support line. Luckily my daughter also has a transform because I grabbed her usb and tried it and it immediately connected. The support person said that I may have gotten a usb cable that charges only and my daughter got the data usb which charges AND transfers data. Once I used my daughter's cable I was able to sync my phone and get all of my music files. Here is the number on my "charge only" usb cable: RT1Z818OSE (or close to that-damn writing is so small! LOL) the "data" usb cable is: DW1Z917WSE (I think!). Needless to say you should have an idea after checking your usb cable as to which one you have and if it's the charger only cable you now know why it won't recognize your connection for data sync. The support tech recommended that you ask sprint to replace it first, if they won't give them a call and they will see what they can do.

Hope this gives you some answers.
    Yes, that absolutely makes sense - I made sure that I had and use the cable that came with the phone for charging and USB data transfer. I have the cable labled just in case now. But my issue was that I had other PC issues, most noteably with Quicktime, Bonjour, and iTunes. However, this is great info to have. Thanks!

Holy usb sync! It freaking worked!

Just when I was about to post another reply voicing my complaints about the terrible QA/QC of :sprint: and Samsung with respect to the Transform, I was able to get it to connect!!!! And this is after days of plugging and unplugging different cables; installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling drivers from Sprint and Samsung; registry editing; and various chants, prayers, and incantations intended to exercise whatever demons have been inhabiting my phone that prevent it from connecting via USB.

What I think finally did it was this:
    I went into the SD card menu in Settings (on the phone) and unmounted the card.
    Then I connected the cable and BAM! I got the icon at the top of the phone's screen saying USB was connected. Windows still was stubbornly refusing to recognize the device, but at least this was progress.

So, I plugged in the cable and unplugged it a couple of times and tried mounting the card to the Windows system via the phones SD card menu. I think the last thing I did was mercilessly unplug the cable while the card was "mounted" to the USB cable (still not recognized by windows). Finally, I rebooted the phone (while plugged into USB cable) and sat it next to my computer.

As I was browsing the posts in this forum, I decided I'd voice my opinion and noticed that the cable had fallen out of the phone. When I plugged it in - SHAZAM! Windows recognized the USB modem, the USB storage device, and the Android device!!! WOW! :eek:

Sorry I can't be more specific about exactly what I did, but whatever it was, it seems to be working now .

I'm going to chuck this phone as far as it will fly.

Okay, I get it. Very funny.

After I posted that last message I went to see what could be done with a newly connected Transform. I noticed the phone was complaining about USB debugging mode being on, so I went into the Applications - Development menu and turned debugging mode off.

Everything went to hell. Windows refuses to recognize the phone once again and nothing connects. Stupid phone. I'm starting to HATE sprint and their horrible QA/QC with Samsung devices. The last two Samsung phones I have owned with sprint (Instinct, Rant) have been full of bugs and annoyances. The Rant was better than the Instinct, and the Transform has taken frustration to a whole new level of ridiculous. Thanks for the inflamed ulcer, Sprint.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    Okay, I get it. Very funny.

After I posted that last message I went to see what could be done with a newly connected Transform. I noticed the phone was complaining about USB debugging mode being on, so I went into the Applications - Development menu and turned debugging mode off.

Everything went to hell. Windows refuses to recognize the phone once again and nothing connects. Stupid phone. I'm starting to HATE sprint and their horrible QA/QC with Samsung devices. The last two Samsung phones I have owned with sprint (Instinct, Rant) have been full of bugs and annoyances. The Rant was better than the Instinct, and the Transform has taken frustration to a whole new level of ridiculous. Thanks for the inflamed ulcer, Sprint.
    I feel your pain...after I got mine working I just let it connect and didn't mess with SD card or debugging...and mine is still working (so far)...

All you have to do is go to your notifications when you plug it in and hold on the USB tab and then pick the option to connect.

i got it to work what i did was turned the ph off plugged in usb cable to computer and ph then turned ph back on and as the phone was rebooting my computer reconized the sd card and mass storage now i can transfer files back and forth hope this helps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links