PC Doesn't Recognize Transform

This is a discussion on PC Doesn't Recognize Transform within the Samsung Transform Tech forums, part of the Samsung Transform category; my ph work that way but my wifes ph is still having a problem i am still working on it...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Doesn't Recognize Transform

my ph work that way but my wifes ph is still having a problem i am still working on it

Quote Originally Posted by ronnbrown1993 View Post
    i got it to work what i did was turned the ph off plugged in usb cable to computer and ph then turned ph back on and as the phone was rebooting my computer reconized the sd card and mass storage now i can transfer files back and forth hope this helps
    THANK YOU!! Worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumRift View Post

I feel your pain...after I got mine working I just let it connect and didn't mess with SD card or debugging...and mine is still working (so far)...
    So I took my phone into Sprint to see if they could correct the Bluetooth problem I was having and I also told them about my inability to connect via USB. They replaced the phone because the bluetooth transmitter was hosed.

The new phone connects via USB flawlessly and all of the drivers work. No more unrecognized device errors or any of that garbage I was dealing with. There are 2 important things to know about these phones:

1. The QA/QC is not very tight on the Transform and quite a few buggy and flawed phones are out there. If you have one, I'd hammer on Sprint to replace it even if it is out of warranty (mine was and I got them to replace it).

2. BEWARE THE USB CORD!!!!! There is a problem with some of the USB cables shipped with the Transform. Throw that one away and get a new one before you fry your phone. They gave me a new charger with my new phone and told me to throw the old charger away. I used the USB cable from my Kindle to connect to my computer and everything worked great.

I got my wifes ph to work by plugging into a differant usb port then turned the ph back on. It is tempermental but a least I can connect and transfer files

Cool Exactly Right.....

Quote Originally Posted by ronnbrown1993 View Post
    i got it to work what i did was turned the ph off plugged in usb cable to computer and ph then turned ph back on and as the phone was rebooting my computer reconized the sd card and mass storage now i can transfer files back and forth hope this helps
    I had actually figure this out right before I got to your post Ronn. It doesn't matter what cable you have, nor does it matter if you have Quicktime, Itunes, Bonjour or any of the other stuff. I am running 32-bit and 64-bit W7's and both were having issues, until I booted the phone while it was plugged into my PC. I think what was happening, is that for some reason Windows 7 needs to have the phone loading for the firt successful connect, so it can recognize the Android UMS (Usb Mass Storage Drive Drivers). After having done this, I can unplug and re-plug my phone all I want, and it's always successful. Word to the Wise though, When Unplugging, make sure you use the Safely Remove Hardware beofore you unplug. If not, you could damage the connection, and you may not be able to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake876 View Post
    All you have to do is go to your notifications when you plug it in and hold on the USB tab and then pick the option to connect.
    Yea, friggin phone again. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate. Now the phone does not get recognized by the computer again. However, I have an idea:

When I upgraded from Home Prem to Ultimate, my USB drives, namely the two Western-Digital "MyBook" drives stopped being recognized by Windows 7. I had an open ticket with MS so this might be related. It was a drive letter conflict that caused my USB problem so I'm pursuing this as a solution to this bug....I don't know but I"m looking.

Found the driver

Android Lurker Gr8chickenmonkey's Avatar

Transform usb simple fix

Hey everyone! I did nothing to contribute to this fix, just thought I would pass it on. All credit goes to mfguido, a user on Android Forums, it fixed mine in like 2 seconds, maybe 5 or so... whatever! Here is what he said to do!

Fix
    I searched all over and could not find a fix until I remembered a possible fix that worked.

- ##8778# on dial pad
    - Under USB, if PDA is selected change back to Modem

In my case, I had to change both UART and USB to PDA in order re-enable USB mount.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumRift View Post
    Yes, that absolutely makes sense - I made sure that I had and use the cable that came with the phone for charging and USB data transfer. I have the cable labled just in case now. But my issue was that I had other PC issues, most noteably with Quicktime, Bonjour, and iTunes. However, this is great info to have. Thanks!
    Hi everyone, I was experiencing the same connectivity issues. What worked for Transform Ultra with my Windows 7 was connecting the usb cable to phone and laptop, usb storage connection turned "on" on the phone. Then I opened up my device manager, recognized something to the effect of "unknown usb device" in the list, opened the details for it and did an update to the drivers using the "automatically search for drivers" and it is working perfectly! I hope that it can be this simple for many others experiencing this type of connectivity issue!

Question What the???

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8chickenmonkey View Post
    Hey everyone! I did nothing to contribute to this fix, just thought I would pass it on. All credit goes to mfguido, a user on Android Forums, it fixed mine in like 2 seconds, maybe 5 or so... whatever! Here is what he said to do!

Fix
    I searched all over and could not find a fix until I remembered a possible fix that worked.

- ##8778# on dial pad
    - Under USB, if PDA is selected change back to Modem

In my case, I had to change both UART and USB to PDA in order re-enable USB mount.

Hope this helps.
    Every time I try this method, as soon as I enter "##8778#" a screen pops up entitled "CHECK MSL" with a Blank fill form box requesting me to enter an MSL.....ARRRGHHHH .....Gr8chickenmonkey, did this happen to you??? Is this normal? Can you or anyone else please fill me in about what MSL is, if that box should be blank? If so, what am I supposed to enter there? Also, Gr8chickenmonkey do you have a link to this fix that might explain the details a little clearer? ANY help would be greatly appreciated TYVM!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links