E on qwerty keyboard sends me to email

This is a discussion on E on qwerty keyboard sends me to email within the Samsung Transform Tech forums, part of the Samsung Transform category; I can be just texting away and flip the qwerty open and anytime i touch the letter E it interrupts my text and sends me ...

Thread: E on qwerty keyboard sends me to email

Question E on qwerty keyboard sends me to email

I can be just texting away and flip the qwerty open and anytime i touch the letter E it interrupts my text and sends me to email. This is my only issue so far but it basically is a pain in my butt and renders my qwerty useless. Can anyone help me?:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That sounds rather bizarre. I've only had my Transform for about a week but luckily I haven't had this issue. My suggestion would be to take it in to Sprint and show them what it's doing (or BestBuy Mobile i you bought it there like I did...they are vastly more helpful). The handset may just need reset.

the phone's shortcuts are enabled.

settings>>application>>quick launch

There will be applications assigned to some letters, these are programmed from the factory.

just touch and hold the email (e) shortcut, another menu appears, just delete.

Talking Thank you!

Thank you so much! I am loving my new phone. I think i am gonna have to look for some helpful hints and tricks on here. Thanks again!

texting issues resolved

Thank you for the answer to why my phone keeps going to you tube or gmail or calander........... I took the phone into the store and they had no idea they gave me a new one.......... then the new one started doing it. Thank you for the help! I was ready to take it back to the store and get something else!

Thanks caspermi for your post. My phone started doing the same thing and I've had it less than 24 hours. Your post helped me fix the issue and now I don't want to throw my phone across the street.

Also, whenever texting and this happens again, just hit the magnifying glass button next to the back button on the main screen even if your qwerty keyboard is open. Sometimes the phone thinks you hit that (you may have accidentally) and it thinks that you are wanting to "search" for a shortcut in your phone!

Hope this helps!

Thanks guys, I just came here to search the forums and found my answer. I am now a member :D Only had my phone for 2 days and the keyboard shortcuts were keeping me from using the slide out > It's fixed thanks to you all, thanks again.

Smile I've got a solution to this one!

I think I have the solution to this one. I noticed this annoyance very soon after I got the Transform and it has popped up enough times that I have found the cause and the solution. I noticed that when the battery starts getting low (not sure exactly how low it has to be for this to occur) the shortcuts will take over the keyboard. Any key that has a shortcut assigned to it will take you to that shortcut, even if you really want to just type the letter.

Solution: Charging the battery seems to fix this problem without fail.

Hope this helps everybody with this problem!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links