Camera is really bad; takes 4 seconds from button press to shutter?

This is a discussion on Camera is really bad; takes 4 seconds from button press to shutter? within the Samsung Transform Tech forums, part of the Samsung Transform category; Is anybody else having trouble with camera were it takes about 4 seconds to take a picture from the time you hit the button? By ...

Thread: Camera is really bad; takes 4 seconds from button press to shutter?

Camera is really bad; takes 4 seconds from button press to shutter?

Is anybody else having trouble with camera were it takes about 4 seconds to take a picture from the time you hit the button?

By the time It actually takes the picture, the kids, pets, whatever, are now moved or out of focus.

This is the worst camera I have ever used and I have used some very bad cameras in my day.

I find it hard to believe it's really this bad design, how is your doing?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not sure I can help solve the problem, but I can report that the camera on my Transform does not do this at all. The only lag I experience is when the flash needs to be used, but for well lit shots it's as good as my point-n-shoot. Now, the Sanyo Zio I had originally purchased before trading in for this phone, had the worst camera ever.

Maybe check to see if you have the latest firmware by touching the menu button from homescreen -> settings -> about phone -> system updates -> update firmware.

If up to date, maybe try seeing what applications are running in background using up your resources. If that still doesn't do it, hopefully someone else can give you a hand.

If you're brave and tech savvy, you could always root the phone and open up a world of other options. (I am still too chicken to root with this new of a phone)

slow camera

Using the flash does slow the picture taking process a bit. if there is no flash involved it will only take a couple secs from home menu to auto focus to final snapshot. if the camera app is already run and you turn off flash and auto-focus it will be noticeably quicker. regardless it seems reasonable to me. hopefully when (if) the transform gets android 2.2 that will make the camera much more responsive. (btw, the "if" is tongue-in-cheek as it was promised by year-end.)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links