Group Texting

This is a discussion on Group Texting within the Samsung Transform Tech forums, part of the Samsung Transform category; Does anybody know how to assign groups in your contacts list so you can send out a text messages to that group? I need to ...

Thread: Group Texting

Group Texting

Does anybody know how to assign groups in your contacts list so you can send out a text messages to that group? I need to communicate different information to my hockey team every week. I went into my google contacts online and created a group for them, but the group title doesn't show up in my contacts list on the phone to be able to select. I can email the group from gmail online, but I can't email or text the group from my phone. :confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Okay, after a lot of looking around, playing with settings, creating groups in gmail online, and even going to the Sprint store and spending an hour with an employee... I think I figured it out... sort of.

You have to get a free app called Handcent SMS to do this. You wind up using this program instead of the default Android messaging. Its a fully customizable app that allows you to create contact groups, send regular messages, change text and background color, etc. It even allows full MP3 integration. So its really pretty nice.

That's the best I could come up with. It works well, its just frustrating that the default Android messaging/contacts doesn't have this option. Maybe there will be an upgrade in the future. Its a pretty simple task that they should have programmed in.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links