Got a samsung vibrant on my possession

This is a discussion on Got a samsung vibrant on my possession within the Samsung Vibrant forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; anyone have any questions about it?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a samsung vibrant on my possession

Got a samsung vibrant on my possession

anyone have any questions about it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you root it yet? If not what the hell is taking you so long?

haha its not mine it just arrived at my store

I've heard there is a bug with the galaxy s line that it will freeze when accessing memory. Have you observed this behavior ?

How are you liking it?

I got my Samsung Galaxy S / TMobile Vibrant 9:00 Juky 15th. So far I like it very much! I can even geocache on it however it sucks the battery power doing so. Feels very nice to hold, it IS bigger than my behold however alot slimmer and fun to play with. Have not had any problems with it freezing however I have noticed it gets warm with alot of use, which I am contacting TMobile to question this as I'm sure cannot be a good thing!

Do you dislike anything about this phone or tmobile? I've looked at it a couple of times and so far the only thing (while at store) that I noticed is the hump at the bottom but it otherwise seems pretty nice. The reason I asked for the negatives is that it helps me gauge what I should check out abuot the phone in the store. Been debating a while between galaxy s, evo or droid x.

Quote Originally Posted by smithswann View Post
    I got my Samsung Galaxy S / TMobile Vibrant 9:00 Juky 15th. So far I like it very much! I can even geocache on it however it sucks the battery power doing so. Feels very nice to hold, it IS bigger than my behold however alot slimmer and fun to play with. Have not had any problems with it freezing however I have noticed it gets warm with alot of use, which I am contacting TMobile to question this as I'm sure cannot be a good thing!

I got one about a week ago and so far am very pleased with it. Because the screen is so large, I was worried about how it would feel in my pocket (especially compared to my Motorola RAZR flip phone), but it is so slim it feels fine. I have started carrying the Vibrant in a belt holster when I am working outside in the yard because I am worried about damaging/cracking the phone, but I think it's actually pretty tough based on a video I saw about it.

I also noticed it can get somewhat warm when in extended use, but there is a lot going on under the hood, so I just assumed this was normal.

I replaced the 2GB micro SD with a larger one (especially since 3/4 of the included card is taken up with the movie Avatar). At first it seemed like I could not get the phone to recognize the new card. This is my first Android phone and it may just have been my unfamiliarity: what I finally think I figured out is that, when the card was inserted and the syncing cable connected to the computer, the phone treated the memory as if it were mounted on the computer, not the phone. As soon as I quit the computer sync process and removed the cable, the "No SD card installed" message went away, and the phone recognized the new memory.

Its standby battery time is quite good, but things like Navigation burn up a lot of juice if they are in use for a while. With moderate use, I'm getting in the habit of re-charging every night. That's quite a change from my RAZR, which could go for many days...but then all I every did on it was phone calls and an occasional text.

The phone cannot access the sd card while the phone is mounted to the computer. That is what it sounds like happened to you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was pretty sure that was what was happening, but appreciate you confirming that's what it was, and not a fluke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links