Samsung Vibrant Software Upgrade to Android 2.2 (Froyo) Now Available! [
This is a discussion on Samsung Vibrant Software Upgrade to Android 2.2 (Froyo) Now Available! [ within the Samsung Vibrant forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; A software update is available for the Samsung Vibrant. It updates the device from Android 2.1 (Éclair) to Android 2.2 (Froyo). This upgrade includes Wi-Fi ...
Samsung Vibrant Software Upgrade to Android 2.2 (Froyo) Now Available! [
A software update is available for the Samsung Vibrant. It updates the device from Android 2.1 (Éclair) to Android 2.2 (Froyo). This upgrade includes Wi-Fi calling, USB / Wi-Fi tethering, and various software enhancements.
The update is build number T959UVKA6 also known as KA6.
- The upgrade to KA6 is NOT required.
- You may opt out of the upgrade and continue using build number T959UVJI6.
- If you are still using build T959UVJFD (aka JFD), we suggest that you upgrade using this process for various software enhancements.
This upgrade will not be sent to customers Over the Air (OTA) - Instead, you must install the upgrade by connecting your Vibrant to a PC using Samsung Kies Mini software.
- Will I be notified of the KA6 update?
- No. Since the update is not being set via OTA, the customer will not receive any notification of the update on their device.
- Can I still use my phone while the update happens?
- No. During the update, the phone must stay connected to the computer and will not be available for use.
- Do I have to update my phone?
- No, this software update is optional but is recommended in order to experience optimal performance and new features such as WiFi Calling. It’s very easy to update your phone and will only take a few minutes.
- Will the update affect my data or contacts?
- The update should not affect any content or contacts loaded to the device. You should still back up all data, however, to prevent accidental loss due to unforseeable issues with the upgrade. Make sure that you also back up the contents of the internal (non-removable) SD card to avoid unnecessary loss.
- I upgraded directly from version JFD to KA6 and now I'm having problems.
- T-Mobile and Samsung are aware of some issues that may occur when upgrading directly from JFD to this newest version. We're working to address these issues.
- Can I manually request a KA6 update push?
- No. The upgrade is not available over the air.
- If I downloaded JI5 through the overseas version of Samsung Kies, will I get the KA6 update using Kies Mini?
- Yes. Kies Mini does support an update path from JI5 to KA6.
- Can I upgrade using Kies Mini with a Macintosh computer?
- MAC support is currently under development. At this time, to upgrade successfully you must tether your phone to a Windows-based PC and download the upgrade.
- Desktop or laptop PC running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- An available USB port
- All firewall and antivirus programs should be disabled
- Administrative priveleges required to download and install sofware, including drivers
- The Vibrant device should have a fully charged battery
- USB cable included in the retail box (Note: This may be connected to the customer's wall charger)
- The most current version of Samsung Kies Mini software (see below)
Note: As Kies Mini is a Samsung product, should you encounter any issues installing or using Kies Mini, please contact Samsung Customer Service for assistance with troubleshooting and resolution.
Installing Kies Mini
- Download the most recent version of Kies Mini by visiting www.TinyURL.com/KiesMini.
- Note: Save the file to a desired location - the Desktop is recommended for easy access.
- Double click the Kies Mini file. The program will self extract, no action is required.
- Select the desired Language and Location, then click Next.
- Read the license agreement, check the box for "I accept..." and click Next.
- Kies Mini will begin the installation. No action is required.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
Prepare the Samsung Vibrant
- From the Android home screen, press the Menu key and tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap USB settings.
- Tap Ask on connection.
- Tap the Home key to exit the settings menu.
- Insert the USB data cable into the phone and then into an available port on the computer.
- Select Samsung Kies at the phone prompt. The PC should recognize several devices and begin installation. This is normal and may take a few minutes. Unplug the data cable when completed.
Upgrade the device to KA6
Important: Back up all of your data, including the contents of the internal (non-removable) SD card, to prevent unnecessary data loss.
- On the PC, open the Kies Mini application.
- Connect the Vibrant to the PC using the USB cable, select Samsung Kies at the phone prompt.
- Important: If the Vibrant was recently rebooted, allow the device to finish Media Scanning before attempting to connect the device to the PC.
- After a few moments, Kies Mini should indicate that a software update is available.
- Click Phone Upgrade.
- Read the Caution statements, click the checkbox for "I have read and understood...", and click the Upgrade button.
- Kies Mini will contact the server and download the upgrade. Depending on the customer's network conditions and connection speed, this could take several minutes.
- Kies Mini will begin upgrading the device.
- Important: The phone's screen may change state or appear to reboot during the process. DO NOT remove the device from the USB cable or reboot the PC until the update is complete. Doing so can permanently damage the device ("brick" the phone.)
- When the installation is complete, click Ok to finish. Wait until the phone is finished rebooting and the Android Home screen displays before disconnecting the device.
Android.net is the premier Android Forum
. Registered users do not see these ads. .
Wow, I wonder what this means for the Fascinate owners, shouldn't be far behind I would imagine.
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
As long as we don't have to go through all of this crap to get our update, I'll be happy....whenever it decides to come out.
Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk
Wow that seems like kind of a hassle. Looks like I'll be updating my girl's phone for her :/
tappin and a talkin
It is actually really easy to update.
By blizmark in forum Rescue Squad General
Last Post: 11-10-2012, 03:26 AM
By .|. ugly_face .|. in forum Samsung Captivate
Last Post: 02-11-2012, 03:44 PM
By danDroid in forum Samsung Captivate
Last Post: 02-03-2011, 08:06 AM
By ponganesh in forum Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking
Last Post: 12-23-2010, 05:36 PM
By summithut3 in forum LG Ally Help
Last Post: 08-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Search tags for this page
android os 2.2 download for samsung vibrant
android os version 2.2 download for samsung vibrant
free apps suitable for samsung sgh-t959 android 2.1
how to update sgh-t959 on ota
samsung s t 959 software froyo update
samsung sgh-t959n update from 2.1
samsung t959 firmware 2.1 update download
samsung t959 firmware free download
samsung vibrant t959 update firmware free download
samsung vibrant update 2.2
samsung vibrant update 2.2 download
sgh t959 no firmware
sgh t959 upgrade
update samsung vibrant t959 2.1 to 2.2
what is the best firmware for galaxy vibrant eclair 2.1
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.