What phone are you ditching for the Xperia Play?

This is a discussion on What phone are you ditching for the Xperia Play? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I ditched my Droid X2 for the Play. Verizon gave me a refund so I got the play. Couldnt be happier...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What phone are you ditching for the Xperia Play?

I ditched my Droid X2 for the Play. Verizon gave me a refund so I got the play. Couldnt be happier

Quote Originally Posted by 4lc4pon3 View Post
    I ditched my Droid X2 for the Play. Verizon gave me a refund so I got the play. Couldnt be happier
    Wow that's somewhat amazing. I had a Droid X that I absolutely loved and was so looking forward to the Droid X2. While I admit I am happier with the Xperia Play as a gamer the Droid X2 had everything else I would have ever wanted. (though in retrospect, probably a worse camera and not as good battery life)

That is the reason I dropped my Droid X2 is because of the games + gamepad. I was happy with the Droid X2 but it just wasnt for me. The droid x2 battery in my opinion was terrible I was charginf it twice per day & the Cam was amazing. With the Play I am browsing, txting, facebooking, Twittering & everything all day long & I hardly see the battery move. I love it

What do you think of the Cam on the Xperia vs the Droid X2. I had a Droid X and the Xperia Play's camera is so much better but I'm curious if the X2 had a better camera.

honestly i have pics of my daughter on the x2 and the play & I really didnt notice much difference between the two cams.

Coming from a Droid X running Liberty Rom 1.5. Honestly the best phone I've ever used, after flashing to Liberty.

However, I game a lot so this device was an easy sell for me.

So far loving the phone. Minimal bloatware from VZW, quick and responsive. Hoping the dev community feels the same way.

I can't wait for some quality cases for this phone, wiping it down 20x a day!

I'm not ditching one, just added a line so my kid could have a Play. I've got a Thunderbolt.

Why not get one for yourself? My old sister and her husband both have thunderbolts and they complain about extremely bad battery life. We put our phones next to each other to compare and the Xperia Play seemed to run a lot faster. Of course they haven't rooted and removed all the bloatware yet so the Xperia Play wins by default in that regard (since it comes with little to no bloatware)

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    Why not get one for yourself? My old sister and her husband both have thunderbolts and they complain about extremely bad battery life. We put our phones next to each other to compare and the Xperia Play seemed to run a lot faster. Of course they haven't rooted and removed all the bloatware yet so the Xperia Play wins by default in that regard (since it comes with little to no bloatware)
    I ended up settling on the TB because I wanted to get in the 4G data plan before they went to tiered data. I had a Droid X, and had been waiting on the Bionic, but settled for the TB when the Bionic was officially delayed. My battery life was pretty rough to start with, but I've got a ROM on it with a custom kernel OCd to 1408. Even with the OC, I'm still getting a full days use out of the phone now.

Quote Originally Posted by djsiva View Post
    I ended up settling on the TB because I wanted to get in the 4G data plan before they went to tiered data. I had a Droid X, and had been waiting on the Bionic, but settled for the TB when the Bionic was officially delayed. My battery life was pretty rough to start with, but I've got a ROM on it with a custom kernel OCd to 1408. Even with the OC, I'm still getting a full days use out of the phone now.
    Ah glad to hear there. I'm on my third day use of my Xperia Play and still have 45% battery left XD. Careful...if you stick around these forums enough you'll end up getting convinced to buy one...haha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links