What phone are you ditching for the Xperia Play?

This is a discussion on What phone are you ditching for the Xperia Play? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; That's true! Very good for emulation....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What phone are you ditching for the Xperia Play?

That's true! Very good for emulation.
    Proud owner of an Xperia PLAY 4G!

I had my share of Windows Mobile devices, such as the AT&T Tilt, then the Tilt II (aka Touch Pro II). I then had a Samsung Focus with Windows Phone 7, and now I just have purchased my Xperia Play. Compared to the Windows Mobile phones, this is leaps and bounds better, and is what I tried to make my Windows Mobile phones do the whole time I had them. YAY for Android!! Compared to the Focus, they are two totally different beasts.

The Focus
    *Could last two to three days on one charge.
    *The cameras seem pretty equal.
    *Like 6lbs lighter than the Play
    *The AMOLED screen was extremely sharp and bright, roughly the same size as the Play's screen.
    *The OS is smooth, fluid, everything actually just works, but hated among other phone users because "The squares on the home screen are ugly!!!"
    *I hate playing action games on a touch screen
    * Absolutely no development outside of the standard Microsoft Marketplace
    * Development has slowed down to a crawl for this device. No advertising for Windows Phone, nobody getting the word out on how this OS is actually pretty decent.

The Play
    *Android is much more customizable, it reminds me of how I always though Windows Mobile should've been.
    *The slide out keypad
    *The emulation scene. Being one who modifies everything I own to play NES emulation, and building my own MAME/Emulation cabinets, this was the selling point for me.
    *I hate playing action games on a touch screen.
    *Games like Wind up Knight, Battlefield and Zenonia are amazing on this device. I look forward to these and the constantly growing list of games that exclaim Xperia Play optimized!
    *I simply love this phone!

Glad to have you on board Nucklez! Since it seems your a gamer (shout out!), please do consider posting some thoughts about any games you play, here: Xperia Play Games .
    Proud owner of an Xperia PLAY 4G!

I gave up my Verizon Touch pro which has half the memory the other version have so when I say gave up I mean tossed it to the curb and never looked back. this phone is sick nasty and its the first time I've had an android phone so I'm super happy with it. the only thing I might miss about theTP is the keyboard on it was nice but the gamepad is even better

i ditched my moto droid

i ditched my samsung xD

I ditched my LG Ally, well it ditched me. I went through 4 of them, horrible horrible phones. Isn't Verizon suppose to send you a brand new different phone after 3? The Ally has a slower processor, even with mine rooted and overclocked. Worse camera and less internal memory. I'm getting mine tomorrow soooooo stoked! Already have a long list of games to get, I'm a gamer lol.
    Old: LG Ally ~ Rooted, Velocity 1.2.2, 725mhz Overclock, Last one after 4 worst phone ever made
    New: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play ~ Rooted
    50% chance this was posted from an Xperia Play

4 years of being one of those blackberry freaks you see everywhere....went from one blackberry to another 3 times till last birthday got the xperia play......NEVER LOOKED BACK!!!

Good decision. I'm loving some GTA 3 on my Xplay. I want to play San Andreas on it. I have it on my laptop but that don't fit in my pocket lol.
    Old: LG Ally ~ Rooted, Velocity 1.2.2, 725mhz Overclock, Last one after 4 worst phone ever made
    New: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play ~ Rooted
    50% chance this was posted from an Xperia Play

upgraded from my blue Samsung A766 Propel, had it for about 2.5 years, bought it out initially then a year later went on a 1 year contract, been off contract for half a year now, it was technically my first cell phone, it was a good one to, still looks brand new despite the fact it had no case or plastic face cover, i baby my electronics so they last a long time <3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links