Sony Xperia Play Review

This is a discussion on Sony Xperia Play Review within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Great video review of the upcoming Sony Xperia Play by technobuffalo!...

Thread: Sony Xperia Play Review

dandroid

Sony Xperia Play Review

Great video review of the upcoming Sony Xperia Play by technobuffalo!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good review!

Another Review

Guys,

Over on Phandroid I found a GLOWING review of our new phone!! Here check out the article AND video:

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play [Video Review] – Get Your Thumbs Ready

Here is the NEW CNET Review:

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Not exactly glowing BUT not too bad either.

Is it just me or does anyone else get angry when they comment on how the graphics of the playstation games are ok. Do these reviewers not understand that the playstation games are strait ports that run on emulators and have the same graphics they have had for 10 years and the phone makes no difference how it will look?

When a review comments on how dark the screen is it really maked u question if they actually used the phone. See what I mean here:

AndroidSPIN Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Initial Impressions and Video/Photo Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    When a review comments on how dark the screen is it really maked u question if they actually used the phone. See what I mean here:

AndroidSPIN Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Initial Impressions and Video/Photo Comparison
    I think there's a few reasons for this.

1. A few of the other screens are actually brighter in some sense. Sony went for the much clearer screen and other screens just pump too much brightness and while it is brigher, everything is washed out (see his photo to see what I mean)
    2. They could have a defective sensor on the top right that is always darkened.
    3. The screen automatically adjusts to it's environment using the sensor. So if they are using the phone in a poorly lit room the phone will naturally dim it's brightness a bit even if on max.

Overall the phoen is as bright as it needs to be. The screen is absolutely amazing. I have a Droid X that has a "brighter" screen but when you lower the brightness to a reasonable level where the colors stop getting washed out, the Play definitely has the real brighter screen.

Yeah I agree BUT the reviewer also claimed the auto brightness didn't work? My clearly does amd much better than my OG Droid.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links