First Impressions:

This is a discussion on First Impressions: within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Well I received my Xperia Play today!!! It is a very nice phone and I really do like it. Here are some quick impressions: -The ...

Thread: First Impressions:

Cool First Impressions:

Well I received my Xperia Play today!!!

It is a very nice phone and I really do like it. Here are some quick impressions:

-The box the phone comes in is SO tiny

-The controller flips out with a spring (not at all like the Droid's keyboard) so in another words please be careful to hold the device securely when you are flipping out the gamepad.

-Compared to my OG Droid the colors seem more yellow-ish (maybe just me?)

-The Verizon version only comes with an 8GB memory card (the OG came with 16Gb) so I will need to upgrade this soon

-I agree with the reviewers that I do wish the Android buttons were backlite but of course this is not the end of the world.

-At least from today I thing the screen might be little dark BUT I can't say I would have noticed it if it wasn't for all the reviews I read.

-The Xperia Play feels very snappy never bogging down when flipping from application to application. My OG Droid was rooted and never did seem to be that smooth always hanging up here and there

- The stock Google Experience is VERY NICE!!!

-Looking over the phone real quick, the Verizon bloat ware seems to be at a minimum. U got the VZ Navigator, the VZ appstore, the 6 games, backup assistance (seems like less bloat ware than the Droid 2 or Samsung Facinate.

-As of right now, I have not gotten the hands free blue tooth lady to speak. I am not sure if I need to turn on a setting or download an additional app? I am using a Jawbone Icon.

-The gamepad does seem a bit cramped and I will need to get used to it BUT of course it is way better than using the screen or keyboard.

I think that is all for now. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

As DroidLife would end a review, "PEACE" :cool:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good write up gertman. Thanks for posting this.

Thats a great write up.

I really like the Game pad. I hate trying to use on screen control sticks.

I something to point out, the notification lite is in the power button for any one wondering where it is.
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

UPDATES from DAY 2:

1. Found out you can adjust the brightness AND by default it was set to less than 50%

2. The Blue tooth lady does exist BUT her voice is very faint along with the dial pad. Anyone know how to fix this? Had the same problem on my GB froms for my OG Droid.

My memory card acts really funny with the back cover off (don't ask), but once back on tight it was fine.

I'm loving the controls and several people I showed the phone claim they are getting it VERY soon, nothing like seeing it in person

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links