Verizon US Xperia Play Differences

This is a discussion on Verizon US Xperia Play Differences within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; So it seems we got the phone much differently than everyone else. I figured I'd list some of the differences I have noticed already. 1. ...

Thread: Verizon US Xperia Play Differences

Verizon US Xperia Play Differences

So it seems we got the phone much differently than everyone else. I figured I'd list some of the differences I have noticed already.

1. No Sony Playstation Pocket App, only the Xperia PLAY app.
    2. Trying to buy a game from the app launches VCast Apps.
    3. No Timescape...anywhere. Basically you get the standard Google UI with some Sony backgrounds.
    4. No facebook integration (not sure if other regions had this)
    5. Phone runs incredibly smooth (since it doesn't have all the extra bloat of Timescape and many of the other apps everyone had)

That's all I can think about for now. If anyone else notices any differences post them.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Great thread, thanks for starting it!!!

I would say another difference is that the screen brighness has been fixed!!! All the reviews I read about the GSM version mentioned the screen not being bright enough.

I agree about the brightness! If anything I feel the range is incredibly wide, dim is really dim and bright is very bright.

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    I read somewhere that one of the reasons the Verizon SE Play is so different was because SE wanted it to be the next Google Nexus Phone.Can't find anything "official" to confirm or deny this but SE really seems to have opened up to the Google and the Android community.Especially compared to how they handled the Xperia X10 last year.

I will say that a lot of people have said before that they had to root their phone and remove a lot of stuff before the phone ran smooth. The verizon version already comes stripped of anything that would run at startup or any extra UIs or widgets that would have slowed the phone down. As a result, the phone runs completely perfect out of the box.

So far the only reason I have found that I may want to root the phone for is to remove apps for space, but even then I have a lot of apps already installed and still have 93mb left on the internal storage. Most apps aren't that big and if they are, they can store stuff on the SD card so I'm not really worried about space.

So far I'm just loving this phone, best phone I've ever had hands down. Only thing I miss from my old phone (Droid X) is the facebook integration that would automatically pull pictures of my contacts and their latest status and it would show up on the screen when they were calling.

Apparently another difference is a built in screen protector:

http://www.xperiaforums.net/forum/xp...e.html#post246

Is there a way to get the Sony Playstation Pocket App?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links