Brightness Changing

This is a discussion on Brightness Changing within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Hey I found something odd. I have my brightness set manually yet when I cover up the sensor on the top right just above the ...

Thread: Brightness Changing

Brightness Changing

Hey I found something odd. I have my brightness set manually yet when I cover up the sensor on the top right just above the N on the Sony Ericsson logo the screen dims.

Is there any way to turn this off? My guess is that it adjusts the screen brightness based on how much light it detects but I want max brightness all the time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think auto brightness is always on by default. Maybe a custom rom in the future can change that.

I just realized that by default the brightness is set to less than half. I turned it up a bit and now it's as bright as my Og Droid!!!

I noticed my phone is doing the same thing at times (particularly using the browser), not sure if the max brightness will help I'll try to pay attention to that tomorrow. But it is annoying...

Well so far after a day of use, even after using it in the complete dark I think I actually like the light sensor idea. I have my phone set to max brightness and this morning in complete dark I went to check my phone. It felt as bright as I wanted while obviously being dimmed because of the sensor. Had it not been dimmed I would have blinded myself (used to do that all the time with my Droid X) I think I may just keep this feature on as it seems to do it's job just fine. It still gives you max brightness for the situation you're using the phone in as long as you don't accidentally cover up the sensor.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links