N-Gage??? Absolutely Not

This is a discussion on N-Gage??? Absolutely Not within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I just wanted to post this here for anyone who still is having second thoughts about buying this phone. I've seen it all over the ...

Thread: N-Gage??? Absolutely Not

N-Gage??? Absolutely Not

I just wanted to post this here for anyone who still is having second thoughts about buying this phone. I've seen it all over the place that this is going to be the next N-Gage; that if Sony does not bring all these games to this phone then it is going to die.

I just want everyone to know now that this is not the case for several reasons:

1. Games: Sony does not need to bring a lot of games to this device. While of course we would like a lot of exclusive games, there are plenty of games on the Android market already. If you are a gamer then there are no downsides to owning this phone. You still have access to all the games already on the market regardless of if Sony releases any new exclusive ones. Most developers will naturally support the d-pad and it's only a matter of time before developers start allowing configurable controls.

2. Quality: The build quality of this phone is extremely top notch. Unlike the N-Gage, you sacrifice nothing by getting this phone. Everything from the camera to the screen to the processing power is the best you can get. The only argument people seem to have is that this does not have a Dual-Core processor. In the end, what do you need a dual-core processor for? Even for things like browsing and surfing the internet a 1 GHz processor is more than enough. The only benefit of having a dual-core processor would be the extra power available for games, but then again are you going to buy another phone that doesn't have a controller simply to make games look nicer? The Xperia Play already has more power than a Playstation 2 making it good enough to any kind of game you might want to play.

3. Experience: The phone itself has a very good experience. With the latest android OS (2.3.2) the graphics processor is now available to the OS to use for menu transitions and other tasks. The Xperia Play has one of the best available graphics processors available making the transitions and entire phone experience absolutely smooth. Everything on the phone runs very good and is comparable to any other phone on the market.

4. The Controls: these controls are the real deal. While obviously not as good as using a PS3 or Xbox controller these are about the best controls I could ever see on a phone. They work way better than they look and even with big hands the controls still operate well. If you've ever used a PSP go they are very similar and it's hard for me to tell which one has the better controls. This is not your N-Gage junky controls.

5. Emulators: while somewhat debatable as to if this should matter I can honestly say that this alone makes the phone worth having. I have hundreds of old NES, Genesis, and SNES games in boxes in my garage that I now have on my phone to play whenever I want. The Iphone and other Android devices can have all the games they want on the App Store/Market but they'll never get the time from me that a few play throughs of some Final Fantasy titles will. Even though you can still get emulators on other Android phones the fact remains that playing all the old games with real, tactile controls is much better than playing with a touch screen. I've already beaten Sonic 2 on my phone after 2-3 hours of playing yesterday and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Now of course there are many other reasons why this phone will succeed and not become the next N-Gage. An even in the event it somehow does get dropped and become unsupported there's no denying this is the true phone for any gamer at heart. If you game, plan to game, or even have a remote desire to game; buy this phone, you will not regret it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah I don't see how it can be an n-gage when it is a fully competent Android phones as well.

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    My only concern is the slider mechanism. SonyEricsson has a very hit or miss reputation when it comes to build quality.But I love their styling and,OS issues aside,the Xperia X10 was built really well so I'm hopeful.

dandroid
    I agree the hardware / build quality of the device is spot on. great review gameboiye!

Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
    I agree the hardware / build quality of the device is spot on. great review gameboiye!
    Thanks. I just figured I'd post this for anyone on the fence. I myself was on the fence and had the exact same fears I tried to address here. Basically if you're a gamer this phone is for you is what I was trying to get at.

GamBoiye great thread!!!

experiment626 I wold like to assure you that the slid out mechanism is top notch and works GREAT!!!! It is very smooth and operates on a spring NOTHING like the keyboard on the OG Droid. I encourage you to check this phone out for yourself at the Verizon store tomorrow.

Let us know if you decide to get one!! :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    GamBoiye great thread!!!

experiment626 I wold like to assure you that the slid out mechanism is top notch and works GREAT!!!! It is very smooth and operates on a spring NOTHING like the keyboard on the OG Droid. I encourage you to check this phone out for yourself at the Verizon store tomorrow.

Let us know if you decide to get one!! :cool:
    YES!i HATE how my og slides open in my pocket this phone SHALL BE MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by XPlay_3.0 View Post
    YES!i HATE how my og slides open in my pocket this phone SHALL BE MINE!
    Well I've never had that happen on my OG Droid but I can guarantee it won't happen with the Xperia Play. It's pretty much locked unless you want it to be opened. Very good slider.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links