3g capping at 2 bars?

This is a discussion on 3g capping at 2 bars? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; What a minute people, let's be scientific about this instead of just looking at the bars. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Status And ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3g capping at 2 bars?

What a minute people, let's be scientific about this instead of just looking at the bars.

Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Status

And look at the Signal Strength value. This is the number that we should be comparing AND Apple hides from their users.

For example: I have one bar right now and my value is -87dBm 0 asu and my whife's Droid 2 shows 1 bar and is reading -85dBm 0 asu.
    I believe the higher the negative value the stronger the signal. BUT as I look at both phones this number( and the bars) seem to be fluctuating a lot right now?

Did I help out anybody?

-103 db on 3G no bars.

Yeah mine is reading at 2 bars with -75 dBm 0 asu. My Droid X was at full bars with that signal strength lol.

well my signal strength suck bad. i was at the movies and i was stuck on 1x the whole time. took forever to load an web pages. im going to m cousins house tomorrow and check out his signal over there. i find that no one is really having this issue and im on my second Xperia play phone. :/:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by deadman323 View Post
    well my signal strength suck bad. i was at the movies and i was stuck on 1x the whole time. took forever to load an web pages. im going to m cousins house tomorrow and check out his signal over there. i find that no one is really having this issue and im on my second Xperia play phone. :/:confused:
    Well it is possible your store had a bad batch of phones with defective cell parts. Maybe wait a week for them to get another shipment in and then swap it one more time to see if that helps.

Mine stays at 2 bars most of the time too and I have had two different phones since the USB was messed up on the first one. I get 3 bars sometimes, but I believe my signal strength is fine for the area that I live in. My main concern is that every once in a while I lose signal completely for no reason, without changing location. I have to restart the phone for it to come back...
    Droid Does! Apple Doesn't...

Guys here is a scary one for you on this topic:

As of Yesterday Verizon Started Throttling its Top 5% Data Hogs, Doesn’t Affect 4G LTE or Tiered Data Customers - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

and I think this one is also worthy of a news post!!

ODX
    Mine has been like this since day one, Yesterday was the first time I had ever seen 4 bars, but it has been good at calling so I think its a software issue/hardware issue its just a meter so it depends on how its calibrated

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    Not sure this has anything to do with the topid. Not only does it not affect signal strength, if you are even in the top 5% of data traffic for verizon you are most likely tethering your phone to a computer and downloading HD movies with it. Shouldn't affect anyone here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links