3g capping at 2 bars?

This is a discussion on 3g capping at 2 bars? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; It seems when I am connected to 3g it will go no higher than two bars at all. Its been this way since I activated ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3g capping at 2 bars?

3g capping at 2 bars?

It seems when I am connected to 3g it will go no higher than two bars at all. Its been this way since I activated it at the store. No idea how to fix it so I might have to bring it back and see if a new Play gives me more bars. If not, I might need to trade it and get a new phone. Tech support asked if I had roaming enabled, and then told me to enable it, and then after that had no advice for me. I love the device, I just wish I could get full signal. When I activate my old Droid X or Droid I can get full bars. Same thing with the Fascinate and the Eris. The Play for whatever reason won't cooperate.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Varking,

This has not happened with my device. I suggest you go to the Verizon store. Please let us know what happens.

this is also an issue with my phone. on my droid i had full bars at home. now im in between 1 bar and the highest is 2. i exchanged it today at the store and it had 3 bars, got home and it went back down. antenna issues maybe? anyone else?

Wink

I turned my phone in and got a new one. While at the store I had three bars but since I got him I am down to two at all times. I reactivated my. DROID X and have full bars. I will give it until Monday to get more bars and if it doesn't I will likely get a new phone by Motorola or Apple.

Did you try updating the PRL?

*228 then choose option 2

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Yup *228 and also try a reboot.

I try *228 and option 1 or 2 and once its done the phone automatically reboots itself. After either the results are still the same. They claim Verizon is working on the towers nearby but my Droid X is full bars as we speak. I am going to give it until the end of night and see how it is. If its bad I will choose a different phone but I really want the Play to work.

Just and FYI, there are differences between manufactures as to what signal strength determines the bar number. If I remember correctly Motorola phones will almost always show higher bars using the same singal. Sony Ericsson phones are notorious for having a higher capable signal rate that is not fully saturated by Verizon towers meaning it will rarely show full bars even though you should be getting the same type of reception.

If you don't trust me, try this out. Make calls while you have 2 bars; has any of them dropped? Run some speed tests while having 2 bars and you'll see that they match the speed you get on the Droid X even with full bars. No need to take the phone back just get used to not seeing full bars and realize it still has the same good reception at 2-3 that the Droid X had at full.

Same situation here. I'll give it one more week or else exchange it for the droid x2. Really love the phone but my 3g goes out and I get stuck on 1x

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    Just and FYI, there are differences between manufactures as to what signal strength determines the bar number. If I remember correctly Motorola phones will almost always show higher bars using the same singal. Sony Ericsson phones are notorious for having a higher capable signal rate that is not fully saturated by Verizon towers meaning it will rarely show full bars even though you should be getting the same type of reception.

If you don't trust me, try this out. Make calls while you have 2 bars; has any of them dropped? Run some speed tests while having 2 bars and you'll see that they match the speed you get on the Droid X even with full bars. No need to take the phone back just get used to not seeing full bars and realize it still has the same good reception at 2-3 that the Droid X had at full.
    Seems like a legit idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links