Best Battery Life of any Phone?

This is a discussion on Best Battery Life of any Phone? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Originally Posted by hairdewx I haven't really used that menu a lot. Apps such as this can provide what you need: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result "System Monitor: The ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Battery Life of any Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    I haven't really used that menu a lot. Apps such as this can provide what you need:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

"System Monitor: The system monitor can be enabled to record device usage history over a period of time (up to one week), such that you can determine what applications and usage patterns have the greatest impact on battery life. This feature is commonly used to help track down which applications are having major negative effects on battery life. The system monitor records CPU usage for each process, overall CPU usage, display usage, battery level, and battery charging status."
    I already have that app and it's one of my favorite, but I was just wondering about the default standard one in the OS. I've never seen it do that before.

I just heard today form a co-worker that his girlfriend has an Xperia X10. And he says the battary life is amazing on that device as well. She can go for 2 to 3 days without recharging. Now keep in mind he has a rooted OG Droid Incredible and I assume she is not a "power" user.

Just another data point people...not real scientific or anything

Okay, so sometime last week I have noticed my battery starting to die quicker. Maybe by 10 or 15%. Anybody else noticing this? This is what I call. "the end of the honeymoon period". Others of you say the life of your battary gets better with age.

So where is everybody at? (not just Gameboiye )

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    Okay, so sometime last week I have noticed my battery starting to die quicker. Maybe by 10 or 15%. Anybody else noticing this? This is what I call. "the end of the honeymoon period". Others of you say the life of your battary gets better with age.

So where is everybody at? (not just Gameboiye )
    I've noticed a slightly shorter battery life, but I've also installed a bunch of apps. Even with the slightly shorter life it's still longer than my rooted low voltage kernel OG Droid.

The more apps you install, especially widgets, will cause your phone to have shorter battery life since they are running when you unlock your phone. Many widgets will also gather data every 15-30 minutes so there's extra processing power being wasted. I have noticed that there is a problem where some services can get stuck and just drain your battery but the current fix is to turn on USB debugging. You can try that to see if it helps.

GameBoiye,

Excuse me if I sound ignorant but could you please explain what exactly USB dubbing is? I know where it is and usually had it on with my rooted OG Droid but never was really sure what it was.

USB Debugging enables commands and events to be transmitted over the USB port for testing. Normally you would connect your phone to the computer, turn on USB debugging, and then you can watch the commands and stuff from your computer. Turning it on doesn't drain any battery life and somehow can cause better battery life in certain situations (like where rouge programs start to eat your battery life) Not sure why, but I just leave it turned on since it helps.

i think if depends the owner of the phone how to use hes phone so the battery of phones is long life...

I must say that from reading this, it seems the Xperia is going to be pretty darn sweet!

So after rooting (r800x) and freezing a bunch of bloat with titanium backup, my battery life is even more amazing. Spent the last weekend in Vegas and even after 36+ hours I was only down to 40% battery, and that was even after texting, taking pictures, and taking on the phone throughout the day.
    See Xperia Play Games on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/hairdewx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links