Best Battery Life of any Phone?

This is a discussion on Best Battery Life of any Phone? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Uggh. Got my Xperia yesterday, and the battery life is OK. Not good, not great, but OK. I'm getting like 20 hours per charge, five ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Battery Life of any Phone?

Uggh. Got my Xperia yesterday, and the battery life is OK. Not good, not great, but OK. I'm getting like 20 hours per charge, five hours play.

Quote Originally Posted by techelec View Post
    Uggh. Got my Xperia yesterday, and the battery life is OK. Not good, not great, but OK. I'm getting like 20 hours per charge, five hours play.
    ....really? For any phone to last through 5 hours of play + still have 20 hours of up time is incredible. You're being completely unreasonable. You'll never find a phone that gets better than that, not without an extended battery. Many smartphones don't even last a day with light use while you were using the full power of your phone (high CPU utilization + GPU depending on the game you were playing)

What phone were you using before hand that had better battery life than what you got today?

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    ....really? For any phone to last through 5 hours of play + still have 20 hours of up time is incredible. You're being completely unreasonable. You'll never find a phone that gets better than that, not without an extended battery. Many smartphones don't even last a day with light use while you were using the full power of your phone (high CPU utilization + GPU depending on the game you were playing)

What phone were you using before hand that had better battery life than what you got today?
    Mistake: sorry, I meant ABOUT 20 hours sleep for a day. Five hours gaming.

Mistake: sorry, I meant ABOUT 20 hours sleep for a day. Five hours gaming.
    Gotta be a bad app or something then. Try turning on USB debugging, that helps for issues with some processes running at 100% and draining the battery fast. I get 3+ days while only using the phone every now and then.

Bump! It's now the new year (happy new year by the way) and it's been about four months since I got my PLAY. Let me tell you, the battery now really sucks- I can't even get three hours of gaming anymore. I've checked a lot of apps, and it's still draining. Overnight, it went from 100 to only 5 percent. (WiFi is on and I forgot to quit out of Gameboid though.)

That's why I'm thinking of buying a 3,600 mAh battery from Amazon, 20$ I think... The things I'm worried about:

1) Is it safe? (reviews say YES.)
    2) The Size. Currently, I use a case because of my clumsyness- I drop my phone a few times a week... It comes with a bigger door, and I won't be able to use the case...

Any thoughts on this? Should I just buy a replacement battery to carry around everywhere I go? (I really don't wanna do that)

Bump! It's now the new year (happy new year by the way) and it's been about four months since I got my PLAY. Let me tell you, the battery now really sucks- I can't even get three hours of gaming anymore. I've checked a lot of apps, and it's still draining. Overnight, it went from 100 to only 5 percent. (WiFi is on and I forgot to quit out of Gameboid though.)

That's why I'm thinking of buying a 3,600 mAh battery from Amazon, 20$ I think... The things I'm worried about:

1) Is it safe? (reviews say YES.)
    2) The Size. Currently, I use a case because of my clumsyness- I drop my phone a few times a week... It comes with a bigger door, and I won't be able to use the case...

Any thoughts on this? Should I just buy a replacement battery to carry around everywhere I go? (I really don't wanna do that)
    I think you've got a problem with a rogue app. Problem is if you get a new, bigger battery you're bound to still have the same problem, just maybe not as noticable. What I would do is look in the market for SystemPanel, it's a task manager that can help you figuer out where all your battery is going. If that doesn't work, backup your important data (anything not on the SD card) and do a wipe of your phone.

Basically, you should not be draining your battery overnight. Even fully playing constantly you should get at least 4-5 hours worth of use (don't expect much more than that though, the phone was designed to be plugged in daily for a recharge) There is a chance your actual battery could be defective and the best way to see that is to do a system wipe (factory reset) and then use the phone for a few days without loading any apps on it. If the battery life is good, then load your old apps one by one to see which one is causing the issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links