Best Battery Life of any Phone?

This is a discussion on Best Battery Life of any Phone? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Hey all. I just want to say the Xperia Play from Verizon has got to have one of the best battery lifes of any smartphone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Battery Life of any Phone?

Best Battery Life of any Phone?

Hey all. I just want to say the Xperia Play from Verizon has got to have one of the best battery lifes of any smartphone I've ever owned. I came from the OG Droid and then to the Droid X (which had pretty good battery life)

Yesterday I unplugged the device at 5 am. Spent about 15 minutes in the morning checking work email. Spent 45 minutes at work during lunch playing Castlevania. Listened to music for about an hour and a half. Checked twitter and facebook a few times. Checked e-mail a few more times. Got home and played FF8 for about 45 minutes. Then played through a few levels of Sonic 3 and Knuckles for about 30 minutes. Then I downloaded a few apps and played Asphalt for about another 45 minutes.

It's currently 12:30am the next day and the battery is still at 33%. I just don't know how they did it with this phone. The brightness on the screen is maxed though I do have wireless and bluetooth turned off. My Droid X would have been around this same charge without playing all the games I played today. Perhaps the cell structure just drains so much little power compared to other phones (when the phone is asleep not being used it seems to use no battery life compared to other phones)

Bravo Sony, bravo. I figured when I got this phone I would use it so much I would need an extended battery and after today I don't think I will. Even in situations where I might play for an excessive amount of time (4-5 hours) I have my car charger and a spare USB cable in my car so I don't think I'm ever going to be out of battery power.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I do agree that battery life has been fantastic, so far. BUT I really still think we are in the honeymoon phase with our batteries. Let's revisit this post in a month or two and compare......at least that is how all of my phones have been EXCEPT for my wife's Droid2 which, it seems, has always had horrendous battery life.

I don't know, I've always tended to see the opposite. Every time I got a new phone I was tinkering with it and using it more than normal and had horrible battery life the first week or so. Then it would slowly get better as I started using the phone as intended instead of messing with it every 5 minutes. I've been tinkering with this phone more than normal and it just takes the beating.

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    Yea, battery life should get better after about a week or so as the battery get conditioned.If battery life starts dropping I would be looking for a "rouge" app I've downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    Yea, battery life should get better after about a week or so as the battery get conditioned.If battery life starts dropping I would be looking for a "rouge" app I've downloaded.
    Yeah that's my thoughts exactly.

Well, this is interesting. You said that you had cell network turned off, airplane mode, correct. If so, that is what saved you a lot of battery.
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    Well, this is interesting. You said that you had cell network turned off, airplane mode, correct. If so, that is what saved you a lot of battery.
    Nope, just the wireless on the phone, not the cell network. Phone was operating just as a normal phone, just using 3G and no wireless networks.

I must say that the battery life of this phone has been awesome. Much better than my rooted OG Droid, and definitely better than my friend's EVO 4G

I am having one issue though, at least for the Verizon version. When I go into About > Battery Life it never hows any of the applications I've been using. Everything is always clumped together into like 5-6 main things. Anyone else having this issue or is it just the Verizon copy of this phone with this problem?

I haven't really used that menu a lot. Apps such as this can provide what you need:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

"System Monitor: The system monitor can be enabled to record device usage history over a period of time (up to one week), such that you can determine what applications and usage patterns have the greatest impact on battery life. This feature is commonly used to help track down which applications are having major negative effects on battery life. The system monitor records CPU usage for each process, overall CPU usage, display usage, battery level, and battery charging status."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links