It's Official, Motorola Phones Have the Worst Cameras

This is a discussion on It's Official, Motorola Phones Have the Worst Cameras within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; So I've been tainted. I came from the OG Droid to the Droid X and have ever since felt that there just couldn't be a ...

Thread: It's Official, Motorola Phones Have the Worst Cameras

It's Official, Motorola Phones Have the Worst Cameras

So I've been tainted. I came from the OG Droid to the Droid X and have ever since felt that there just couldn't be a good smartphone camera. Everyone else seemed to take decent photos but anything I took (especially in low light) was absolutely crappy. Grainy pictures, blurry photos, moving objects unreckognizable, you name it. The only way I could get a decent photo was to go outside in perfect lighting and snap a photo but even then there seemed to just be this green grain over everything if you looked close.

I just took a few pictures of my room to test out the Xperia Play's camera and OMFG it's so retardedly good. I tested taking about 20 photos with my Droid X at 8MP and then only about 4 with this phone and the 4 I took look better than all of the ones I took with the Droid X. This camera is really, really good. Then I took out my Sony Cibershot and took a few 5MP photos with that (3-year old camera) and the Xperia Play takes better pictures than that.

It's just amazing and I feel like I hate Motorola now. I know Sony has a lot more experience when it comes to camera tech but I just can't believe I had to live with phones that had such sub par cameras when I could have had this.

Here's a few of the pictures I took (In extremely dimly lit room, the shots came out better than they should have and the flash worked perfectly):

For reference, here's a pic from my Droid X (Notice the blurriness and dull colors, I took 8 pictures and that's the best I could do for sharpness. Tweaking settings or focus areas didn't seem to help):

------------------------

Edit: While thinking about this it could be my lack of photography experience and knowledge of taking photos but the fact remains that on everything set to auto I can get better pictures on the Xperia Play than I could on the Droid X even after messing with all the different settings and options.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    SonyEricsson has the advantage of having Sony digital camera technology available for their SE CyberShot line of cellphones.Motorola's cellphone camera software has always been iffy.

I totally agree!!! That was a real disappointed on my OG Droid. By the way, Game Boyie how are u adjusting down from the 4.3" to the 4.0" ? AND great thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    I totally agree!!! That was a real disappointed on my OG Droid. By the way, Game Boyie how are u adjusting down from the 4.3" to the 4.0" ? AND great thread!!!
    I almost don't notice the change really. Unless I set them right next to each other. The only time I might notice it is when trying to read a webpage I need to zoom in just a little bit more but other than that I can hardly ever tell.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links