How would you rate this phone?

This is a discussion on How would you rate this phone? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; So from what I can tell the general consensus with this phone is that everyone that owns one is mostly happy. While everyone has different ...

View Poll Results: Mac or PC

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

9 14.75%
  • PC

39 63.93%
  • Both

11 18.03%
  • Neither

2 3.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate this phone?

How would you rate this phone?

So from what I can tell the general consensus with this phone is that everyone that owns one is mostly happy. While everyone has different rating scales making this poll not completely accurate I am curious how highly everyone would rate it.

Personally I would have rated the phone at a 9 for lack of LTE and a dual-core processor but in the end I was soo happy with everything else that it pushed me over to a 10. Call me a fan or whatever but I do think this is one of the best phones you can get. The extras like call canceling second mic and front facing camera combined with the top quality of everything else pushed me over the top.

While there's always going to be something the phone could have that would make it better (like a 6 inch screen) it's important to not get unreasonable. Dual-core wouldn't have helped the phone much but the inclution of everything else makes up for lack of dual-core imo.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

O, I forgot we're fanboyz LOL :D

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    O, I forgot we're fanboyz LOL :D
    There's nothing wrong with that. It's not like we unreasonably like the phone, there's a lot of reasons to like it.

Now that I have discovered GrandTurismo works PERFECTLY I would like to rank it above 10!!! LOL

I'll rank it an 8. It's a very good phone, but there is always room for improvement.

Pro's:

+ impressive battery life
    + decent screen
    + controls are nicely done
    + makes emulation really shine
    + OS runs very smoothly
    + front facing camera
    + increasing developer support

Neutral:

= implementation of the analog touch pads is interesting, but I still prefer physical analog pads if possible
    = no dual core processor, which is not so bad in light of news that Android is not optimized fully for dual core power consumption

Cons:

- Verizon bloatware (removable by rooting, but will void warranty)
    - Indicator light is on top of the phone instead of in the front
    - battery cover is very flimsy
    - would prefer a thinner phone
    - light sensor can be TOO sensitive at times
    - camera is average, no HD video

I love the phone.. dont like that I cant remove the verizon installed crap. I do like the analog touch pads but feel that they take some getting used to.

I agree but for a Verizon phone it has barley any bloatware.

What bothers me is the no back lite buttons on the front and the small amount of internal memory.

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    I agree but for a Verizon phone it has barley any bloatware.

What bothers me is the no back lite buttons on the front and the small amount of internal memory.
    I thought the small amount of internal memory would bother me too but it hasn't for some reason. The phone runs just fine with the amount of RAM it has and I have had plenty of space to install all my apps on the internal memory.

GameBoiye,

I wish I was in the same situation as you. BUT I really am always looking for "that next app" and probably have a lot of apps installed that I don't even use. I just want to have them? I know it doesn't make a lot of sense. So here is an example, right now I have roughly 87mb free and everything that can possibly be moved to the SD card is there....aka this is where rooting will help. Anyway, good app is say Zillow or Google Earth. Yeah I don't really use them that much AND I know that Google Maps is practically the same as Google Earth, BUT darn it if it's not just one of those apps that nice to have.....in case you want to use it. So, with the Xperia Play I do NOT have these apps loaded due to the low memory.

I don't want to get into any debate or anything BUT if you compare the specifications of the current crop of Android phones I am pretty sure the Xperia has one of the lowest if not THE lowest internal memory. Maybe there is a low end or free phone that has lower memory but otherwise that is it. And I just don't understand why.

Now, you know that there are plenty of apps that can not be moved to the SD card without rooting and this is why they should have given us at least 1GB or maybe 2GB? Was that really too much to ask? I mean isn't memory fairly cheap right now? I know I would have paid 50 bucks more if there was an option to buy one with 1GB internal memory.

So in conclusion, I would really like the flexibility to be able to install any/ all apps I want!!

I'm already out of internal memory and have had to start moving apps to my sd card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links